MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/14/2012 03:42 PM

rwslove
rwslove  

My doctor is currently trying to figure out what's wrong with me. He mentioned fibromyalgia. He said that may be what's going on. I flinched in pain when he tested the tender points. I have been tested for rheumatoid arthritis and am currently waiting on results from a sleep apnea test. I was looking things up online and found your group. I immediately knew that I had found people who know what I go thru every day. I followed the thread "you might have fibro if..." It described my life. At some points I was giggling out loud. At other points I was thinking "I just thought I was losing my mind or already getting senile at 45." Believe me when I say I do not want to have this. But, it is a relief to understand why some of these things have started happening to me in the last few years. Most days I MAKE myself get out of bed and go to work. It is becoming more and more rare for me to actually wake up and go without having to force myself to move. My husband used to squeeze my thigh and now he just kind of pats it. Lol. He knows it hurts. My 13 yr. old daughter is becoming much more careful with her hugs so she doesn't hurt me. I have had to adjust over the last few years to not overdoing it or staying up too late or I'm sick the next day. I guess I'm rambling. It just feels good to say these things where nobody is going to tell me I just need to suck it up or lose some weight (I'm only about 20 lbs. overweight by the way.) Anyway, I'm glad I found this group. Smile

05/14/2012 03:56 PM
sassy42

Hi there! Welcome! I am pretty new, too. I am 42 and still struggling with my fibro diagnosis. However, I know it's true because of all my symptoms. I have 2 girls, ages 4 and 7. My 4 year old is very rough and hurts me a lot. I have to try to ignore it because I don't want to hurt her feelings. My 7 year old understands more and is gentle with me. I miss picking them up and rolling around with them on the bed or the floor. I feel like a complete failure as a mother a lot of times. But, I am still in the anger stage. I am getting counseling, and my husband and I start counseling next week. It has taken a huge toll on our marriage. This group has helped so much so far. It's a HUGE relief to know what it is and that I am not alone. Noone in my life understands, nor will they ever unless they have Fibro as well. Having this group is a life-saver!

05/14/2012 05:26 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

Welcome to the group!

Yes, we all "get it" because we all "have it." You are allowed to come here and read, vent, rant, rave, cry, whine, laugh, love, and just about anything else. There's a TON of prior discussions on here with useful information. You can use the search box above if you want more information on a specific topic. Just about everything is discussed. From pain, to anxiety, meds, research, other conditions we have, medicines that make us constipated, to sex. If it concerns us, we discuss it. The group is large enough that SOMEone on here has probably dealt with the same thing. Probably several someones! W00t

Jump right in with both feet! Welcome to your new family.

05/14/2012 05:29 PM
mem6526

rwslove,

Welcome to the group! Smile

05/14/2012 05:52 PM
anitafolkers
anitafolkers  

welcome!!!!! Smile

05/14/2012 06:45 PM
rwslove
rwslove  

Thanks so much for the welcome. I will keep reading. It's nice to have somewhere to go to help understand this "thing" I'm dealing with. Sassy42, I understand about feeling like a failure as a mother. Mine are 22, 18, and 13. Not little anymore but I still worry about what they think when I'm always tired and never feel good. So many times they say "Mom, I TOLD you about...." and for the life of me I can't remember. I'm sure your kids know you love them and so do mine. Maybe I'm too hard on myself. Anyway, thanks again.

05/14/2012 07:25 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome ~~~ We re glad you ve found us and you re going to love it here with us. Smile

Everyone in this group is so caring, understanding and supportive because we all understand what you re going thru, living with Fibro pain everyday.

Marilyn Smile

05/14/2012 08:01 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

rwslove,

Welcome to the group. I think everyone has pretty much went over what we do here and how this works. Be yourself, don't hold back your feelings, ask anything you want, and enjoy the friendship. It is hard for our families to understand because there is no way to understand exactly how we feel unless you have it too. Although I would not wish this on anyone, it would be nice to be able to give them just a small taste sometimes so they know that when we are in pain...we are REALLY in pain..when we are exhausted...we are REALLY exhausted. The difference here is that we already know. Hope you get 1/2 of what I have received here, and you will love it.

For you and Sassy...Do not ever think you are failures as mothers. None of us are perfect to start with, and with fibro we do have a lot of downfalls...With that being said, we did not ask for this, and we do not like it. If we were just lazy, or faking, or whatever, we would be failures...We are none of those things, and we do the best we can. No one is a failure for doing their best. HUGS

05/15/2012 03:32 AM
rwslove
rwslove  

Thanks Mabri. I tell myself that but it's nice to hear. I have been on meds for depression for several years as well. Some days I can deal with things and some days I can't. But, yes, I do try. And when I feel decent I try to make up a little for the other days. HUGS back. Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved