MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/13/2012 02:06 PM

anyone having too much trouble with their arms and

dciree
dciree  

hands to use a lap top?

or like me, using a personal compute hurts their back?

05/13/2012 02:30 PM
mem6526

Try using wrists splints to type with and that might help you. Wink

05/13/2012 02:42 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

I have also heard that soaking your hands/wrists in warm water with epsom salts will help. I know I have terrible problems with my arms and hands too. I know it is very painful. I might also suggest some of the OTC pain creams. I hope something helps you. HUGS

05/13/2012 03:42 PM
Lazy1
Lazy1  

I agree that wrist braces might help to support your wrists while you type. Do you take any anti-inflammatories for the pain?

05/13/2012 05:47 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

The area between my shoulder blades and over to my right side kills me when I sit too long at the computer. Have you mentioned it to the doc? Might be something to bring up next time you go in. I agree that the splints might help your wrists or an ergonomic keyboard.

05/14/2012 10:56 AM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I have arm pains also on days that I know I have not used them in some way that is not the norm for me. Just last week both arms (from shoulders to elbows) were painful for a few days ~~~

My biggest complaint (and it is getting worse) is my left hand (thumb area). That meaty part beneath the thumb is very painful and depending on what I am doing, sometimes it causes me to actually drop things. It is NOT in the joint tho' so don t think it is arthritis but planning on talking to PCP about it next appt. I m guessing maybe tendonitis from using an hand-held computer at work 8 hours a day.

I hope you find out what your problem is so that it gets better ~~~

Marilyn

05/14/2012 11:31 AM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

sounds like tendonitis AUnty Sad ugh i drop things al the time with my left hand .. and when carrying the laundry basket or a grip like that for more then a minute i literally have to peel my hands off whatever i am hold especially my left hand ( which i have problenms with my left side still.. literally have to straighten the fingers s o i can bend them ad get them moving again

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved