MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/13/2012 09:03 PM

WEIGHT CHALLENGE(page 3)

harpgirl
harpgirl  

Actually sugar is sugar, your body can't tell the difference. All food is processed as glucose (sugar.) The only difference is a fast processed sugar (table sugar) and a slow one (old fashioned oats.)

Please don't take my word for it though....that is the great thing about the internet.

Diabetics have high sugar levels, thus making it really hard to lose weight. Hypos low, easy to lose weight, unless they eat fast processing sugars all the time.

- Cindy

05/13/2012 09:10 PM
mem6526

The “Sugar is Sugar” Myth

If you've seen the commercial you know what I'm talking about. High fructose corn syrup has been in an uncomfortable limelight lately as new research has proven its link to obesity, diabetes and other health problems. New commercials touting the supposed “safety” of high fructose corn syrup shows a woman in a corn field claiming your body can't tell the difference between cane sugar and corn sugar. Not so.

The most common type of table sugar is sucrose, a derivative of cane sugar or sugar beets. This substance comes directly from nature and is bound to natural fibers, which ensures the body will process it at a slow, healthy pace.

High fructose corn syrup is made from corn that has been highly processed. Though similar to sucrose and fructose from a compound perspective, this man-made sweetener is not bound to fiber. This means the body processes it much faster, causing a sudden sugar spike. Since corn is a grain, it has a much higher glycemic index, which can lead to chronic raised insulin levels.

When the body is kept in this state, obesity, diabetes, heart disease and even cancer can result.

The next time you're in the juice aisle, read the label on your favorite fruit juice drink. If high fructose corn syrup is the sweetener, put it back and choose a healthier brand.

***As you can see, there's a big difference between the nutrients you get from fruit juice and what you can receive from whole fruit. Also, there are often many hidden additives and preservatives in processed snack food that can make you feel horrible. Become a label-reader, trade your processed snacks in for whole fruit and invest in a juicer. Your mind and body will thank you.***

05/13/2012 11:02 PM
mem1318

OK, it is 2AM. I can not sleep because I slept most of the day. Now I'm hungry and I guess the watermelon in on the menu. It is funny every time I think I'm dozing off I have to go pee.

I do have some cheese sticks. Would that be bad to eat?

05/13/2012 11:11 PM
mem6526

RW,

You are so adorable!!!

Have some cheese sticks and do you have an apple?

Apples have fiber and are really good for you!

Hope you are able to sleep! Have a glass of water too!!

Sweet dreams!!!!! Smile Smile Smile

05/14/2012 12:27 AM
gerinaz

RW. My husband and I eat at least two watermelons a week in the summer!!!! You just reminded me that I have some in the fridge and it hit the spot!! I usually cut the whole melon up in bite size pieces so that we can fill a little (or big) bowl whenever we want. You know that we will have to cut back on that,right????? Too much sugar. I would rather give up sex! .....O-O-O-P-P-P-S-s, I already did that!!!!!!!

Geri

05/14/2012 05:04 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

W00tGrinGrinGrin

05/14/2012 08:35 PM
mem1318

Thank you my friend Angel. Had a lot of running around to do today. I messed up on the dinner. I had (ashame to tell) 3 slices of pizza and a bottle of water. I also pisst on myself today. It was raining so hard and thaT DID NOT HELP. (oops caps) I stoped at a carpet company to ask to use the bathroom. This stupid man saw me twisting and turning when I ask about where the BR was. He thought it was pretty funny. Saying we don't have one. I look at him real stupid. I told him I know dog gone well he was not in that building all day long without using the BD. He still thought it was funny. Then he pointed to it. Well by then he had water in his floor. I used their paper towel to clean up. Then I went to get hair done with out any panties on. On how hubby would kill me. It was raining so hard that it just look like I got wet from the rain. Good thing I had on a dress.

So glad I've been drinking water, pee did not stink. Oh my what a day. That is my story for the day.

05/14/2012 08:47 PM
mem1318

Well I thought fruit was good to eat. I know we can not over indulge. But I don't think a small portion will hurt. That is one item the offer in hospital for diabetic. They even get sherbert ice cream. I think it is how much you eat not all about what you eat. I know there will be certain thing we have to get away from. But we also have to get some excise. Let give ourselves at least 30 min's.

Then again that may be why I go up down . But I think my biggest problem is not eating like I should and the hashimoto thyroid. I'm also back on the prednisone again. But day 1 has passed and there is nothing I can go back and change. So let move on.

Are we just going to weight in once a week? I think the everyday will disappoint us.

05/14/2012 08:50 PM
gerinaz

RW. we always say you are hysterical. Now I can safely say "you are a pisser!!!!"

My first day wasn't the greatest. I bought milkshakes for the family and without thinking, I bought one for me. I drank three sips, realized what I had done and threw it away. I drank lots of water. I haven't received the results from all of my bladder tests yet, but I can tell you the water came out as quickly as it went in. That's a good thing. At least I didn't have to deal with a carpet salesman that doesn't pee all day!!!!

05/14/2012 08:57 PM
mem1318

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 3 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved