MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/17/2009 03:08 PM

Is this fibrofog?

griffygirl
griffygirlPosts: 474

I am a complete disaster, today. I have no energy, and i can just sit & stare. I read a book so i look like I'm "doing something" but truth be known, I don't know what I'm reading. I haven't dressed, put on my makeup, or eaten. I don't even have enough energy to care. What is happening to me? Do any of you feel like this sometimes? How do I "snap myself out of this"? It really sucks.

02/17/2009 03:17 PM
Casty
0hCasty  
VIP Member

Unfortunately it isn't totally uncommon. It is hard to deal with life as we know it to be now. Have you been sleeping? Have you stepped outside to get a few big lungfuls of fresh air? Can you walk through the grass in your bare feet? Maybe watch a funny movie, all of those things to me are wonderful for perking me back up. I hope you feel better soon hon.(hug)

02/17/2009 03:57 PM
griffygirl

Thanx, Casty- I will try your suggestions. I feel like i am on Mars, or Pluto-but will try to reconnect.

02/17/2009 04:20 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

{{{Griffygirl}}}

I m sorry you re feeling so ""out-of-it"" today and hope things turn around for you quickly.

I wouldn t necessarily call this ""fibro-fog"" but yes, we all have days like you re describing . Mine is usually caused by a stressful schedule for several days in a row even tho' I get sufficient rest. I call them a ""down day"" ~~~~

I hope you get a good nights' sleep tonight and feel 100% better tomorrow .

{{{HUGS}}} Marilyn

02/17/2009 05:35 PM
amommy02
amommy02  

I've never thought to 'read' a book to look busy. That's a good idea, if I can remember it. I just hope no one asks what I'm reading. I don't know how to snap out of it. I usually just sit around like a zombie and wait for it to pass. I'm afraid if I try to do anything in that condition that I'll hurt myself or blow up the house or something. Hope it passes quickly for you.

Post edited by: amommy02, at: 02/17/2009 17:36

02/17/2009 05:40 PM
Iknowpain
Iknowpain  

I get hte fog often and it does suck. To me it sounds like you have fog mixed in with a little apathy and depression. All of this is common and most if not all go through these feelings. I always try to meditate or do some type of relaxation technique. Rest and take care of yourself. This too shall pass.

02/17/2009 07:08 PM
bc1028
bc1028  

That has happened to me before, I can sit and "watch" tv and not even be able to tell you what is on. Have you tried a nice hot shower? Some here say that is not for them, however, that helps me feel better (it is the getting dressed afterwards that gets me) Also, try and take a nap or even just sit in a nice quiet room.

02/17/2009 07:11 PM
Janilee

You just described one of my down days where I choose to stay in bed and watch TV or sleep. It usually happens when the weather is about to change for the worse. Somethings coming here to NW Ohio because my feet and legs hurt something fierce today. Let it pass. Your body is probably telling you it needs a nice long rest.

In the meantime, BIG Fibro ((((((((((((((( HUGS ))))))))))))))) to you.

Jan

02/18/2009 08:21 AM
griffygirl

Thankyou, Auntie, BC, IKP,& Janlee for your support. I am somewhat better, today. I think there may be some deppression involved. I feel completely abandoned emotionally. When I started to get sick from Fm, my hubby reacted by immediately distancing himself from me. He stays at work all day, then watches tv until 7:00, then goes to the bedroom to watch tv until he goes to sleep. I feel alone in this constant struggle with pain & sickness. On "good" days, i can entertain myself & try to meet my own needs, but on "bad" days, i just feel defeated. I used to be very active in the community thru volunteer work, but for several months, i have been too sick to leave the house. I have discovered that my friendships were mostly based on my being helpful, and now that i am the one in need of help, those "friends" have vanished. When this all first started, my anger was a good motivation--but now, i find i am just too tired to care. If i had the $, I would see a councillor and get some help, because i have had some good experiences with mental health professionals in the past, but that isn't an option right now. Thankyou for letting me vent.

02/18/2009 11:48 AM
Iknowpain
Iknowpain  

I am glad to hear you are feeling better. You go right ahead and vent anytime you need to.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved