MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/11/2012 02:09 AM

Having a bad day,week,time support needed

electra

Hi all I am having a horrible time with my fibro including tiredness pain weakness,painful ears,jaw,feeling low, hpersensitivity to noise grrr the list goes on and its so hard to stay positive, any ideas welcome, i have loads of self help tools but i feel like telling them and the world to f off while i just shivel up and sleep. lol told you it was a bad day sorry for whining, fellow whiners welcome to whine here xx

05/11/2012 02:24 AM

I'm right there with ya...whine, whine, whimper, whine, whine!

05/11/2012 02:31 AM
bfly
bfly  
VIP Member

One thing I have learned on this support forumn... is I don't have to apologize- I just say what I need to say (still apologize at times- but it

s not needed here). Nature always soothes me (as long as I can go out and play) Even a sunset from my car, or the watching and listening to the birds at the feeder I have... I hope your pain subsides soon - hope mine does too! And VENT away! We are here.

05/11/2012 12:28 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

I'm (so far) having a fairly good (pain) day, except for this dratted shoulder pain! I wish I knew something that would stop that one muscle from going into such tight spasms!! MAN that thing can hurt!

And I didn't sleep well at all. Think I got up to pee about every hour, so I'm just worn out. *sighs* Yep, whining is allowed. And encouraged. We all do it!

I hope you get to feeling better! My problem? 75F yesterday, 45F and snowing now.

05/11/2012 03:09 PM
gerinaz

I'll try not to whine.......just vent. On Tuesday, I had a cystoscopy and a urodynamics test, lymph to see what is going on with my bladder and to check to see if the sling is still in place. On Wednesday, I had a very busy, very strenuous day with caring for my son. Yesterday, I had an MRI of my gall bladder and pancreas. because of pain for several weeks. I have probably had about 20 MRI's but all have been in an "open" or "stand up" MRI machine, because of severe caustrophobia. Because of where they needed to see, this time I had to go into a regular (or closed) machine.

The night before, I pre-registered and we were all set to have me sedated by i.v. for the test, When I got there, the nurses in charge told me that they first have to try with me just taking an ativan. It relaxed me a little, but as soon as they started moving me into the opening, I screamed "stop" and told them that if the test was going to be done that they had to sedate me more. So, they called the nurse and he came and injected the sedation and all went well. Why the heck did they need to waste almost 2 hours messing around with ordering pills from the pharmacy, waiting for them to arrive (30 min), waiting for it to take affect (20 min), etc, etc, when they could have just gone with what the nurse said the day before???? It's just crazy.''. now we just wait for the results.

Geri

05/14/2012 07:20 PM
Colleen16

They always think they know best for us still. I always wake up angry from an anesthetic don't know why just a reaction I guess I told them to have an Ativan or something to calm me down afterward and they didn't believe me at all until I woke up and kicked my bf in the chest for being an ass. Now there's a note in my chart Wink

05/14/2012 07:47 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

Oh dear...Colleen, my stepmom is the same way. When they give her anesthesia she is just plain mean when she wakes up and it takes quite awhile for the effects to wear off. Normally she is just the sweetest person ever, so it is so out of character for her being mean, that it is almost funny...

As was said before, don't apologize for whining. If you can't whine here, where can you whine? People I know are already tired of me whining, but thank God that all of you just take it in stride. Thanks for all of you.

I know what you mean about people knowing what is "best" for us. I have been told about diets, meds, aspertame, mattresses, exercise, blah blah blah...There's always something that somebody heard will "cure" me...Funny how they are the only ones in the world that know about it.

Hope each and every one of you have a better day tomorrow, and if not, we'll meet back here to whine some more! LOL HUGS

05/14/2012 08:21 PM
Colleen16

lol everyone has a different opinion of what helps. I usually just say thank you that's a good idea, I got a major kidney disease at 19 and suffered 5 years before they took it out. The pain stayed so I have been getting unsolicited advice from everyone. My personal fave is the "walk it off" philosphy.

05/14/2012 08:24 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

My favorite is "You really need to start feeling better" REALLY??? OMG, why didn't I think of that?! Lunkheads...

05/14/2012 08:37 PM
Colleen16

lol who would say something like that? geeze like it isn't what we work for every day? I usually get the "you're too young to be this sick," is there an age requirement for illness? lol.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved