MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/11/2012 09:37 PM

does anyone get envious of healthy people?(page 3)

gerinaz

Maureen. as you can see, you can say anything you want to this group. Not everyone will always agree, but then again, it is likely that some will be in total agreement. The important thing is that we can be ourselves.........and never feel uncomfortable sharing our feelings. What we all share SUCKS! AND most of us are dealing with several other illnesses, to boot! Some of us have had fm or a long time. It's been well over 10 years for me and I think I am now at a phase of acceptance and fighting back. It is really hard to be newly diagnosed with this awful syndrome. Be honest with your feelings and don't be hard on yourself. Geri. p.s. thanks for your kind comments about my sons.

05/11/2012 09:38 PM
mem1318

geri, I really need to keep my mouth close. But I'm going to say this and leave it alone. You are stronger then you think. And I don't mean as far as your health. What I'm saying no matter what the other person seems to have better then us. We are just as strong, because what you have done/doing is strong. Everyone would not be able to do what you have/is doing. That is very strong to me. I give you your props. I try to encourage folks to hold your head up. Don't let your own self down. I'm in no way perfect, I fall short ever day. But something I have went through, I try to share that and hopeful there is something in my statement that can get other to look at things in a different way. Not my way their way. I have received much wisdom on this site that has open up my eyes. I cry also.

I'm sure things has been hard on you and your family. Then you being sick yourself. G, what can we do about it nothing but do what we can. So what we used by thinking thing are not fair. we have to figure out how to use that same thinking on how to make it fair. We have to are we want be able to do what we need to do. I'm glad you are able to come to the site and get relief of the pressure. No I am not in your shoes and have no ideal on how to handle what you have gone through. That is what I'm talking about when I say stay strong. Yes I see you have a lot on your plate. So again I said please don't take my statement the wrong way. I have worked with adults and young children that has a lot going on with them for only eight hours. You do this on a daily base. That is strong to me. Stronger then anyone can imagine.

05/11/2012 09:46 PM
mem1318

I try to be,

05/11/2012 10:16 PM
mem6526

RW, You don't have to try. You already are! Wink

05/11/2012 10:54 PM
jeanetter44
jeanetter44  

I read "When Bad Things Happen to Good People" and it totally changed my perspective. I highly recommend this book to everyone!

Instead of focusing my thoughts and mind on the why's and what's of Fibromyalgia, I'm focusing on books that address how to cope and live effectively in sickness.

Deepak Chopra is an author I'm so into right now. I'm currently reading "Unconditional Life: Mastering the Forces that Shape Personal Reality" and it's so very helpful!!! I can't stress enough how amazingly helpful it has been.

If you are struggling with your illness on a psychological and/or spiritual level, please do yourself a favor and read this book. Smile I found this copy at the local library and have two more waiting for me after this!

Best wishes!

05/12/2012 02:57 AM
faieriemama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I come here and read the posts of the most amazing strong warrior women I have ever met. It humbles me to be friends with these women, they have truly been through the fires and trials of life and come out more beautiful. My life has not been with out it's own fires and trials and I'm truly grateful for the blessings that have been there too. I'm not envious of healthy people, I do find myself looking at them and wondering if they know what blessings they are in possesion of. I see those my own age out walking with out canes, running through the stores, playing in the yard with their grandchildren and it brings tears to my eyes thinking of the joy they are experiencing. I'm working at slowly becoming stronger and losing some weight so that I can be a stronger person who has FM and serveral other illnesses... but still a warrior who won't stay down!

"The most beautiful people we know are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found there way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving of concern. beautiful people do not just happen." Elizabeth Kubler Ross

05/12/2012 08:35 AM
christa33

wow fairi

that was beautiful and thanks so ooooooooooooooooo much. i have alwyas always said that the most talented , loving, sweet, intelligent people in the world are the ones who had the most horrid lives. weird, huh? but it is true. thanks so much for that. i dont think healthy people know the blessings they truly have.

it does really make u learn about urslef, illness and overcoming them, the strength and the intellligence and bravery, the sheer bravery of it all and coming out like ta da and even if u doont break through, u are still amazing and wonderful, leading life with such grace and strength.

so yes this is true.

thanks so much for this,

love

maureen

05/12/2012 08:37 AM
christa33

@ jean

thanks sooooooooooooooooo much for this, ill check it out!!!!!!!

love

maureen

Post edited by: christa33, at: 05/12/2012 08:42 AM

05/12/2012 08:40 AM
christa33

@ gerinaz, ,thanks sooooooooooooooo much for this, i am always afraid to say what i wanted to truly say . i was in this one supporrt group once and they abused me for being down and out . imagine!!! abuse for being down! abused in a way that was horrid and shocking. just cuz i was sad. so i get afraid to say things that might not be perfect a lot.

so thanks a lot for this.

maureen

Post edited by: christa33, at: 05/12/2012 08:41 AM

Post edited by: christa33, at: 05/12/2012 08:41 AM

05/12/2012 09:44 AM
jeanetter44
jeanetter44  

I am SO SORRY you were treated that way!!! Makes you wonder what the heck people are thinking right? I don't blame you for being hesitant and not wanting to share after that!!! Why would people kick a person who is already down? Terrible.

You are safe here. This is by NO MEANS an easy life to live. I finally resorted to reading books because I just got so stuck in my old thought pattern. It was doing me no good at all. The books are helping me considerably! I had to start thinking differently!

Much love. J Smile

Post edited by: jeanetter44, at: 05/12/2012 09:46 AM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 3 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved