MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/10/2012 08:00 AM

Beds made for fibro

hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

Have any of you seen these? I went to my sleep doc yesterday and looked at the website to get directions. It's near my cardio, but couldn't find it. Anyway, the beds they use are tri-pedic and fibro pedic beds. They are mattresses designed specifically for fibro patients. I thought it interesting.

http://www.selectabed.com/fibropedic.htm

05/10/2012 08:09 AM
mem1318

Yes, I just bought my Mother the adjustable Base just this week. My goal is to get one for myself soon. I thought she needed more this me. So now I have to save a little while to get me one. They are nice and her back has not hurt nor the calves of her legs. I think it is a good investment to make. They can run up into money.

05/10/2012 08:13 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

I hadn't ever seen them. I'm glad to hear that they do work. Cause you are right they are pretty expensive. But since mattresses last so long, I think it's an investment as well.

05/10/2012 08:35 AM
mem1318

We were told that top does not have to be turned of flip like some do. But they wanted us to turn it twice so that her body would adjust to the whole bed, that way if she rolls over on the other side it won't be like she is trying to adjust all over again.. After then nothing needs to be done. I think it has a 30 year warranty. If anything happen to the base it would be replaced. I also bout her the memory foam pillow. It is heavy, it has something it that is cool. It cost $168, but she has not had a headache this week. So I think I made a good choice. Broke but Mom is happy.

Post edited by: Realityworld, at: 05/10/2012 08:36 AM

05/10/2012 02:29 PM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

it looks like a sertas new cooling one they have.... i am glad it work RW.. they are super expensive./ hubby wants the number bed ...lol try that on one income lol

05/10/2012 04:03 PM
mem1318

Finance it, most stores that sell high quality ones does this with no interest. I no the company I went to does. I just had the money and paid it in cash. I'm to the point now, as long as I live I will have bills. So why not get what I want if that is the route I have to go. If I get that brain strom anytime soon. I will have to finance me one, cause right now no way could I come out of pocket. I know what you mean hubby would shit bricks. Been one income in this house for 4 years. But guess what he would just have to start shitting.

05/10/2012 06:30 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

Our credit's so bad, they wouldn't give me a payment plan under any conditions. I can't get a stick of bubblegum on credit these days. I'll just stick to my air mattress. We're thinking about the numbers bed too Adewyn, but I'm hearing there's a lot of problems with them. One site we checked out had a lot of complaints on it.

05/10/2012 06:33 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

It just goes to show how mainstreamed and how common the FM dx is. I'll get to try one out for a night so I guess I'll get to try it and see if I like it!

05/11/2012 09:24 AM
mem1318

Let us know what you think about it hat.

Mo, it's OK you are not along. Stuff happens.

05/11/2012 09:44 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

My study has been changed to tonight so I will let y'all know tomorrow if I get on here!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved