MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/10/2012 08:10 AM

Flu-Like Symptoms(page 2)

christa33

yeah but i think it is just the fibro cfs...not sick or anything, i guess i was referring to the umm, beginning of the post???? flu like symptoms? part of fibro and i always take an iron too. doc says not anemic but i take iron every day. i liek it it helps.

def not sick.

maureen

05/10/2012 08:26 AM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

I have always been cold natured. Several years ago I was so cold that I would wear a sweatshirt, my leather jacket and gloves inside my office at work. Everyone else was walking around in short sleeved shirts. I was tested for anemia, and it was negative. I stayed pretty much cold for years. NOW, I am cold one minute, hot and sweating the next. I do not have a fever, but i cannot get my temperature regulated. I have even been sweating and dying of heat, and had goosebumps at the same time...Go figure!! I'm sure for me anyways that it has to do with the fibro, and the meds I take for fibro. Just another gift from the fibro fairy..LOL HUGS

05/10/2012 09:20 AM
christa33

yeahhhhhhhhhhhh oh the fun of it all, and thanks alot. really i had an idea it could be fibro as i know it is known for the flu like symptoms. but i was like, omg im soooooooooooooooo cold!!! i feel like im in alaska all the time. i always take iron it does help but not all the way i still get cold. even with the iron. sometimes salt helps, not too much though. it seems to happen more when i eat fruit for some reason, i do not know, so i mix it with a protein n it helps.

i guess im just a coldie!!!!!!! sigh............. lol

love

maureen

05/10/2012 12:54 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

There are numerous reasons that temp regulation can be off. Thyroid, ANDs, cortisol issues, genetics, etc. Iron levels being low is only one reason. Btw, you can have too much iron so be careful there taking it with a normal level. The fruit thing may be the amount of sugar in fruits causing a flucuation. The salt thing did pique my interest. Wondering why you do that or what made you think of it. If you have low b/ps, get dizzy, have temp reg issues, and crave salt all together, PM me. Might have some info for you on that one. Best suggestion for you? Wool. I have reynaud's and use wool to keep my feet warm and gloves when I go into stores even in the summer.

Post edited by: hatbox121, at: 05/10/2012 12:55 PM

05/10/2012 01:49 PM
christa33

yeah im careful with the iron , i try to be. but gosh it seems to help so much. i know i have to be careful with that. cortisol, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. i really think i have high cortisol levels, for sure. i was going to do a test for that at this naturpaths office, but i havent seen him in ages. so i need to do that. ive been havign tons of heair loss too, but i did tons of thyriod tests, all neg, even did a super sensitive test, and ewell overall my metabloic levles seem to be good now, lost a ton of weight and not flunctuating like i used to.

i think i really have too high cortisol. yup, adrenal probs. for sure, tons of stress, i dealt with . sooo ill have that tested. ive tested for everything so . eveything is good.

i thougth of salt cuz i was denying myself of salt cuz i had bladder issues. but then i read ur body needs salt, it is a electrolyte and when i took it i felt better and warmer. i dont do too much but it does help with the warmth. weird. yes my BP is low but i also eat a lot of oils, and such cuz i get so dried out..

sooo im really think ing it is the fibro but i knwo i have adrenal probs. i couldnt not have with all the stress, hair falling out, i am also getting a good B vit and a magnesium.

so thanks,

love

maureen

05/10/2012 01:51 PM
christa33

oh yes and i do agree on the sugar in the fruit causing a flunctuation, i always add protein to any fruit i eat.

i make sure sure to just eat a little fruit at a time and at certain times of the day only.

05/10/2012 02:01 PM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

two reasons your iron can be low 1 regular anemia which most women are especially when you still have Flo... and if you are like me you are born with "bad blood" as i like to call it and have Thalasemmia i have minor thankfully... but i am severely anemic all the time.. my counts vary from 9- the highest its been is 11... normal is 25...and i cant take iron because it will store in my liver and kidneys and cause other issues. only when i was pregnant i was allowed to take iron because it went to the baby and i was border line transfusion i was at 5 if i was at a 4 at anytime i would have been hed down dragged to the hospita and transfused lol. because i wouldnt do that willingly and yes i agree with all the disscussion with fruit.. Smile hugs andlove

05/10/2012 06:36 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

If your b/p is really low or if it drops when you stand really often, salt is good to help balance that out(of course talking with the doc first).

05/10/2012 08:28 PM
Rubberman
Rubberman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

hope you feel better soon

take care

Bobby

05/10/2012 08:34 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

Maureen,

I would definately talk to the dr about this soon. I am really concerned with the hair loss, as I'm not sure where that would be coming from. Let us know what you find out, and hope you get to feeling better...WARM UP!! HUGS

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved