MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/06/2012 11:02 PM

Depression

Superemt79

I really hate how no one understands the pain I'm in

"take an advil you'll be fine"

As jf it could be that easy...what I wouldn't give for that to solve this pain because this pain is ruining my life. It's so unreal to other people but for me it's an everyday painful reminder of what I'm stuck with. I don't want it anymore I keep wishing that they would find something wrong with me just so they can fix it and I can move on. There's no relief ever and it's slowly making me go insane. All I want to do is lay in bed all day but I can't. Sometimes it's just hard to move and I get to the point where I feel as though I need to go to the er. It's not like there going to be able to help me. I'm honestly just at that point where I'm mad that I was dealt this crappy card.

05/06/2012 11:22 PM
Julzy
Julzy  

Super~ it's 2 am .....I understand the pain you are in sweetie....believe me when I say that....you are not alone....read my help post....

Hang in there, okay? I know this sucks worse than anything. We keeping asking why us??? I've already had my bad share of things in my life time... I thought I could finally find some peace......

Then we joined a new church and become involved...I even joined the choir bc I love to sing.... I went to choir practice on a typical Wednesday at five but no one was there...driving home from the church, rearended by a truck,, thrown into oncoming traffic and ended up at a tree....my life hasn't been the same since........the evil Fibro found its way into my world....

The choir director just quit and didn't notify me,.... Why not me? I was on her email list! If I didn't go to that new church and join the choir none of this would have happened!!! My husband blames himself to this day bc he suggested we join that church....that was on oct 5 2011.... I'll never forget date for as long as I live.....

I know it's hard.... You sound so sad... I wish I could wrap my arms around you tight and make it magically all go away.....don't worry about what others think too... I struggle with that and it is draining.....

No one can know what it's like unless they've been there....unfortunately we are, and we have to keep searching until we can find some sense of balance and peace....others on this site seem to...

Take care... I'll be thinking of you. HUGS. ~. ST

Post edited by: Julzy, at: 05/06/2012 11:23 PM

05/07/2012 04:01 AM
kelly917
kelly917  

Super}}}} i surly understand were u coming from. sometime i cant take it my self. i ask my self all the time why cant this Doc. find something that can work of us? ur right there no relief what so ever. I'm so done with this FIBROMYALGIA. i cant do the thing's i use to do cause i DON'T want to get out of the bed, when i do get out i cant wait to get back into it.. if i decide to go out cant wait to get back home. sometime's i eat sometimes i don't. SOMETIME I DONT DO A LOT OF STUFF. but they keep saying TAKE A DAM PILL. a DEPRESSION PILL THEY MEAN cause that all it is.. this is a CRAPPY thing w have. and don't know why we all have to deal with it with any kind of RELIEF..

SICK OF TIRED OF THIS PAIN!!!

05/07/2012 03:25 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

About the pill thing... I made a post here:

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/fibromyalgia-discussions/ general-support/3714378-tired-of-people-telling-me-to-take- a-pill

about why they always say, take a pill.

I have to agree with the anti-depressant tho. It's made a tremendous difference in my life. You guys are greiving. You're mourning the death of who you were, before Fibro. Stages of greiving include denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance. It's absolutely normal to feel the way you guys do. I've been where you are, believe me. But as I was sure of my diagnosis and asked the doctor if it was Fibro, I didn't have it sprung on me all unawares like most of us did. I skipped denial and bargaining and went straight to depression, tho I sometimes still get angry, for the most part, I've accepted it. But as depression is also a condition of Fibro, it makes it doubly hard to deal with.

All we can do is work on acceptance. I used to be a truck drive. I used to work a 100 acre cattle farm and grow a huge garden with my grandparents every year. Five years ago, I could drive a truck. Eight years ago, I could run a chainsaw. I can't do any of those things now. But you know what the silver lining is? Now I have time to persue my new love. Fiber arts. I never had time to do more than a little knitting or crocheting while I was on the truck and precious little of that. But because of Fibro, and not being able to work, I now have the time. I play with fibers. I've learned to spin. I'm going to be learning to weave this next week, or at least starting. I'm LOVING what I'm doing now, and I'm so glad I'm learning to do it. It's fun, it's relaxing, it doesn't hurt to do, and I'm making such beautiful things. All becuase I no longer work.

Find something new to do is my best advice. Don't mourn who you were. Celebrate who you are now. A mother, a parent, an artist, whatever!

05/07/2012 07:48 PM
ushie

Hi, Super and Julzy and Kelly, I echo MoiraWolf's advice. I was angry about this stupid Fibro, sad about it, melancholy/scared/pissed off--it's a crappy hand to be dealt--suddenly, as it were, to know that your body isn't going to do what you want it to do--that it will hurt in crazy ways, and get weak or dizzy or shaky, and yet people around you won't always get it, because you LOOK ok...yeah, Fibro's a bitch. But we are stronger bitches than it is.

Fibro has taught me a lot; I've gained perspective on what is important and what is not, I've slowed down--and that can be a good thing--it makes me focus on what I really want and need to do, it's made me a quieter, more accepting, more Zen creature. Fibro introduces a new way of being, that is hard to deal with sometimes, but has also unlocked what I've never even thought about before. I can truly say that Fibro has caused me to really have to deal with a lot of stuff that I was just hurrying by, because I was in such a mad rush to work hard/succeed/outperform/etc. Please, please don't give in to the anger and sorrow. Feel it, and then let it go.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved