MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/05/2012 05:11 PM

if i made a video journal it would resemble this

Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

this video was on msn news tonight.. i watched it... it made me wish i video journaledd my journey... the doctors told me too that i would never get better.. never walk right again... and i didnt take that lightly.. they wanted me to go on disability.. they never gave me any PT to do.. never once offered to help rehabiltate in any form...So i had to do it myself... i had to take those steps.... forge my way to walk.. then to walk better.. then to walk with a stride then to walk with speed.. then to get my flexibility back then to get my strength back.... it can be done.. and it hurts ALOT.... but all i needed was the never.. the cant.. and oh no you should be on disability said to me to bring the fight out... and show them.. screw them!.. they will not tell me what i can cant do... and i found my angel Jan 3rd 2010 in my gym.. in a zumba class... my first zumba teacher... she and the class helped me... get my spirits up .. the yes you can and you are doing great and you inspirie me to be a better person..these people.. will never know how much they have impacted my journey... they will never understand the magnatitude to which they pushed me along on my journey....and that is ok... I have many zumba families each one has seen a different me.... each one has contributed in there own way to making me back to me....then I have have my fibro warriors that understand the i did to much today .. the weather is killing aspect.. the ok why cant i do these things days.. and the tears that stream slowly down my face as i write from the heart telling you it hurts but i will do it... and now cheering all of you on.. begging you not to lose you mobility because i have been there... it is a tough road.. it is a long road.. but we are in it for the log hauul.. it only took one person to believe in me .. and i am going to be that oe person that believes in all of you.. I love you my fibro warrios.. love each and everyone of you... we all have walked the walk... we all talk the talk...and we all understand the pain the heart ache and the fight we have each day.. and i will never give up on ay of you.. we will do this together... never give up.. please keep moving.... and i cryed through this video that i attched *please watch* it really shows the strugge and the perservance and the detrermination adn the pain and heartache.... We can .. we will .. beat this... learn to live good lives with this... and love each other always !! hugs and love! My Fibro warriors!

http://now.msn.com/living/0504-arthur-yoga-video.aspx

05/06/2012 06:11 AM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

bumping this up! seriously read and watch this

05/06/2012 01:11 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

Hubby and I watched that together. He said the first word when it was over. "DAy-um!" I'm sitting here all teared up.

Adewyn, you have the self-determination that the vet in the video had. I wish I had that kind of determination. My hat is off to you and to him and to all the Fibromite warriors like you. You are an inspiration to us all.

05/06/2012 02:28 PM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

thanks moira... we all have the dermination to be better then yesterday... and everyone of us uses everything we have to make thru the day...and i know that.. but when i saw this video.. seriously made me cry for the fact that i was there just like him.. and something clicked in him as it did in me... we werent going to settle.... i cryed from the beginning to the end...and that is how i greet each day.... feet on the floor and grateful to be walking and being strong Smile.. love each and everyone of you!

05/06/2012 03:54 PM
faieriemama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Thank you Adewyn, your timing is exquisite I believe that I needed to see this as I cried through the whole video. He and you are warriors of an elite class and someday I hope to join that class, in the distant future when I figure out how to get there. Thanks for sharing this I will be watching it repeatedly. Hugs and Love

05/06/2012 04:10 PM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

great now Im crying...thank you my friend..I have said it before we have so many new now that alot dont remeber when you were crying in your car after zumba I do,wwhen you were in the hospital with lack of movement and no answers..I remeber.and I am so proud of you..we all have the drive in us somewhere me I hate being told I cant due something,I am stubburn and will due what I set my mind to...all of us need to find the one thing to motivate us and keep us going..

when I became an elderly care giver I saw what lack of movement will due to ones body it isnt pretty and believe me you dont want it.I knew then I would not ever let anyone I carefor wind up like that..and now it is me I have ot keep from losing the ability to move..adwyen I have told you before your my jimminy cricket telling me yes you can,somedays I want to squish you,lol..and everyone we all have the days we cant and we are allowed to..its knowing we are here to pick you back up and route you on is what counts...thanks for the tears Adweyn,yeah thanks alot,lol

05/07/2012 06:01 AM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

love you Broken and faerie.... you willjoin the "elite class" one day i know it.. iwont allow any of you to give up.. we just cant give up!.I been practicing my dances for friday lol ihope i get them all done before then.... before i took my meds this morning oh dear goddesson high i didnt think i was gonna be able to do anything my back and hips were crying... now after taking the meds... and been cleeaining my house this morning and having breakfast and feeding the birds as i sit here for the minute i have before class this morning...i am feeeling better....so it will be finding the time between now and friday to finish and make it look good... and if it isnt .. oh well....shrugs....do what i can..... f i only have half a class the other teacher will have to take over... not the plan but a back up lol Smile.... do what you can keep moving i dont want any o you to have to go thru what i have been thru or that man has been thru.... cry and get mad and do something ... love youall!!

05/07/2012 06:45 AM
Julzy
Julzy  

Adewyn,,, thank you....I don't think I can go any lower than this....every thread of energy and self worth is gone....I've hit bottom. And now I realize from your post, that the only way is up.....other wise rthey are just going to have to bury me in the ground... And I'm not ready for that.....I'm going to start digging out of this mess today...thank you...hugs. ST

05/07/2012 06:53 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

julzy we are here every step of the way..and you are right up is the only way to go..

05/08/2012 02:12 AM
faieriemama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

love you and ty too my dear friend I don't intend to give up I'm still finding my way up. Somedays the struggle is almost impossible but not quite, I remember when you were facing some really tough times and kept going, and so must I. Julzy this group will always be here for you, it's what we do for each other dear, and yes there is only up. Hugs and Love

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved