MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/27/2008 09:55 PM

Excessive Sweating Anyone??

ackermd
mdfibro  

I am wondering if anyone had a problem with sweating. My hair and face get wet and I was wondering if it could be the meds.I am on.

Maryann

01/27/2008 10:47 PM
Maggie

Hi Mary ann, I sweat excessively. It is like getting hot flashes all over again. My scalp will get so wet that it looks like I just washed my hair and didn't dry it. My face is the same way. Sometimes during the night I sweat so bad that my jammies are soaked and so are the sheets. Many a time hubby has had to change the sheets. It could be the meds we take or maybe it has something to do with Fibro. I never thought to look up the meds I take and see if a side effect is sweating.....Charlotte

01/27/2008 11:15 PM
sweetheartsuzee
sweetheartsuzee  

I do too!

My Acupuncturist says it's part of the Fibro! Sad...but true! Sad

{{{{Fibro Hugs}}}}

01/27/2008 11:27 PM
Maggie

Hi Suzee, Do you get relief from your accupuncture? I went to one several years ago for pain in my feet. Then with pain in my back. It would help for a little while but then the pain would be back. I eventually stopped going because I was going every week and got tired of it. He did help a migraine once though while I was there for my feet. I told him I had a bad migraine so he stuck some needles in my head and it was like wow the pain was gone. Just recently I met a woman at the doctor's office who has fibro and she said she goes to an accupuncturist that is great. He doesn't take appts you just show up on certain nights of the week. I am thinking of giving him a try. She said she has seen so many people walk in there barely moving and they walk out like nothing was wrong with them....Charlotte

01/28/2008 12:59 AM
ggirl
ggirl  

I sweat too. If I get up to do something as simple as make the bed, or put the dishes in the dishwasher, my hair is soaked with sweat. I was thinking it was the meds but we're all of different meds so....must be just another one of the many many FM things in our lives.

01/28/2008 04:12 AM
ilovepetey1
ilovepetey1  

Ive always sweat like a pig, but I assumed it just ran in my family. then menapause and I figured it was that, then it stopped for a couple of months, then back just like you guys described. I didn't realize the fibro had anything to do with it!!! Good hit...

leslie

01/28/2008 05:59 AM
Maggie

It is amazing how the most inconsequintial (sp) things seem to be linked to Fibro. I think we should start a new discussion on what little things bother us and see if we all have the same problem. What do you think? Charlotte

01/28/2008 06:18 AM
ilovepetey1
ilovepetey1  

I think You would be amazed at how much we all have in common. Every fibromite I have met I've had a bunch of things in common with. You start, Maggie, I'm too tired.

leslie

01/28/2008 06:22 AM
TeainTN
TeainTN  

I have the sweating too. It's so sexy dont you think hahaha. I just thought it was me because i've always been a heavy sweater but now I know it's the dang fibro. thanks fibro.anybody got any suggestions for how to handle it?

01/28/2008 06:46 AM
ilovepetey1
ilovepetey1  

I have grabbed ice cubes out of my water glass in restaurants and tossed them down my shirt. The funny thing is, noone even gives me a second look. I think more people suffer from this than we think. I dont have any answers. Just quick fixes.

leslie

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved