MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/03/2012 04:18 AM

ANY suggestions?????(page 3)

Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

lol.. i am the said Zumba instructor... all i am going to say is please dont stop moving... keep going or you will have a long way back to walking.... it took 4 year to get myself back to where i am... it was not an easy road nor a fun one... and we are all here.. we all understand... and we hug you gently... let me know if i can help.... first is to accept we have this then we can move past the denial .. hugs

05/03/2012 06:10 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

Hey there and welcome. It sounds like your said 10 pills a day isn't working for you. If they aren't it may be time to consider changing up your cocktail. As for not being ready for zumba, start out slow. It takes longer than the average person to get to that level. Start by doing some low impact stuff like walking(start very slow about 5 minutes a day), yoga, tai chi, etc. My cardiologist told me to add in 2 extra walks to the mailbox a day, then three, and so on as I feel comfortable with it. You don't have to go to the gym and do 5 hrs of aerobics every day. If you do that right off, you won't be able to walk for a week! Just start slow, figure out your limit and work your way up.

05/03/2012 08:31 AM
livinwithfm

WOW, Ladies thank you. You have no idea how good that felt to wake up this morning to read all of your encouraging words. I will start slow and even try meditation. I will be going back to my DR next week so I think we will discuss meds. I am just SUPER thankful I found MDJUNCTION last night.

Have the greasest day you can have.

05/03/2012 08:46 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

hello welcome, we are thankful you found us to..it is a great place..adwyen is our "Richard simmons " of the group.she motivates us to keep going..to me she is like "jimminy cricket" on my shoulder saying yes you can..

but the theme as you have read is keep going,it is a must you dont use it you loose it.muscel aches and pains is our life but the less we use them they worse they feel when we due..

good luck to you,and welcome to the family

Post edited by: broken, at: 05/03/2012 08:47 AM

05/03/2012 09:20 AM
gerinaz

Welcome, Livinwithfm. this is a great group of understanding, compassionate people. I've been a member for only a month, and my day is not complete until I at least "touch base" once. Even though I was diagnosed almost 10 years ago, I still find out new things from other members, because everyone's case is slightly different. It is wonderful to talk to people who understand what you are going through.

I was pretty active until about 3 years ago. I did water aerobics three or four times a week for 4 years. Like Adewyn with her Zumba, I was to become certified to be an instructor. I stopped going suddenly during the summer, because I was doing the aerobics plus swimming in my own pool. I thought I would go back to the gum after the summer....but I never did. Then, it just became one excuse after another. Two years ago, my son became mysteriously paralyzed and now I share the responsibility of caring for him with his wife. Now it has become a bit more difficult to go to the gym, although I could (and should) make the time. My husband constantly reminds me of how much better I was when I had structured exercise in my life. I probably won't ever see the day when I can again hike the Grand Canyon, but small hikes would be nice. There was a woman my aerobics class who had an extreme case of RA. Her hands and feet were gnarled and she shuffled when she walked. She also had some other conditions that I don't remember. Just walking was difficult for her, and she needed help from others just to get dressed. Her pain was off the charts. Her favorite saying was " If I stop moving, I'll stop moving.".

Geri

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 3 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved