MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/02/2012 11:26 PM

ANY suggestions?????(page 2)

bfly
bfly  
VIP Member

Speaking of meditation... had anyone heard of Jon Kabat-Zinn? My therapist suggested him for meditation purposes - would love to see someone try to shut my brain up... haven't bought his program cd's- but evidently he is kind of a "user friendly" meditation concept dude! Anyone?????

05/02/2012 11:29 PM
mem6526

05/02/2012 11:47 PM
bfly
bfly  
VIP Member

Thanks for the link on Jon Kabat-Zinn... is that a yes... you know about it personally- his program?

05/02/2012 11:57 PM
mem6526

I have listened to him on You Tube.

If you go to You Tube or Google him you can watch him and listen too.

Let me know if you find it or I will post the Link for you!

Smile

05/03/2012 02:08 AM
BHartford
BHartford  

Hun, I honestly think the first thing you need to do is not blame yourself for not being able to do all of the things for your family that you used to be able to do. There are times when fibro seems like it takes over your life, and this is always hard. I do what I can for my family. I understand how much it can effect you, honestly I do. I fight depression all of the time, so I am not saying this lightly. Acceptance of your new abilities is part of the key to living with fibro. Learn and focus on new and different things you can do either with or for your family. Yes, you are lucky to have such great and understanding people surrounding you because many of us do not, however, sometimes you just need someone to talk to or just to bent to that has really been there and understands without having to play 20 questions. I am here if you need to chat. Wink

05/03/2012 02:10 AM
BHartford
BHartford  

Hun, I honestly think the first thing you need to do is not blame yourself for not being able to do all of the things for your family that you used to be able to do. There are times when fibro seems like it takes over your life, and this is always hard. I do what I can for my family. I understand how much it can effect you, honestly I do. I fight depression all of the time, so I am not saying this lightly. Acceptance of your new abilities is part of the key to living with fibro. Learn and focus on new and different things you can do either with or for your family. Yes, you are lucky to have such great and understanding people surrounding you because many of us do not, however, sometimes you just need someone to talk to or just to bent to that has really been there and understands without having to play 20 questions. I am here if you need to chat. Wink

05/03/2012 02:13 AM
BHartford
BHartford  

BHartford
BHartford  

BHartford
BHartford  

05/03/2012 02:16 AM
BHartford
BHartford  

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved