MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/01/2012 06:17 PM

what to do

nembery
nembery  

my friend and i were supposed to go to the doctor on the same day in a few weeks and it's the day i'm supposed to get my injections for the muscles spasms. mind you they are getting bad again and i've had a headache every day for 2 weeks from them. today she said she just found out her daughter has a school thing that day and she has to move her appointment and asked me to move mine too. the problem is our doctor is only in his office 1 day a week and being as it's so close to the appointment date i highly doubt i could just push my appointment back a week. she is the ONLY person who will go with me to this appointment and hold my hand. my husband is afraid of needles and has flat our refused. if i don't move my appointment i will have to go through it alone and i'm not sure i'm supposed to drive afterwards, but i'm in so much pain and i don't think there is a chance in hell we can both get in a week later...we are probably talking at least a month. i don't know what to do!

05/01/2012 06:41 PM
ushie

If, and only IF, you call and check as to whether your appt can be moved to her day, THEN you move it. If you can't move it, ask whether you can drive. If you CAN drive, go and do it. If not, get your husband to gather up his chickenly loins and at the very least drive you to the appt. He doesn't have to look at the scary needle, and he certainly won't be feeling the scary needle. He can wait in the non-scary waiting room for you. You need the shots.

05/01/2012 06:42 PM
mem6526

ushie,

You are so funny! I agree with ushie! Wink

05/01/2012 06:47 PM
nembery
nembery  

he won't even do that Sad it really is either i go with her or i go alone sadly

05/01/2012 06:48 PM
mem6526

I have an idea.

Have your Husband just drive you there and the Nurse can hold your hand.

How about that? Can't he even drive you there? Dizzy Ermm Wassat

05/01/2012 06:49 PM
mem6526

Your Husband can wait in the car.

I am sure he will do that for you...right? Blink Unsure

05/01/2012 07:10 PM
nembery
nembery  

nope. he has to stay home and sleep cuz he works that night. he won't even drive me.

05/01/2012 07:26 PM
mem6526

How far is the Doctor's office from your home?

Maybe he would sacrifice a few hours sleep to help you.

I hope that you are able to go to your appointment. Smile

05/01/2012 07:31 PM
nembery
nembery  

dr. is like 45 minutes from home. i live in the middle of a cornfield under a rock and there is like NOTHING nearby. we don't even have a pharmacy here in town so when i have to fill scrips i have to drive a half hour. talk about being between a rock and a hard place!

05/01/2012 07:33 PM
mem6526

Okay...so you figure like an hour and a half of driving and how long for the appointment? Won't your Husband just take a few hours and drive you and then he can go back to sleep? Will he do that for you? Dizzy

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved