Today my......(page 3)

broken
broken  
Group Leader

Rayne so happy to have you back..I can just see morti doing that how funny

05/03/2012 10:47 AM
faerie
faerie  

{{{{Bobbi}}} DON'T YOU DARE think that you can slip in under the radar - - - leave 2 lines and then dissapear for another year!!!!

Do you have ANY idea of how we miss you?????? Do you have ANY idea of how great it is to see your tipi on the board????? I have never told you, - - but have you ANY idea of how much I covet that beautiful tipi???? Post it now!!!!!! I want to turn it into my meditation/crystal santuary! LOL

How are you - - - apart from exhausted? How is your daughter? Are yo still coping with the job?

Rayn - - please fill us in! (If you don't I will have to tell dear fat Morti to bite you)

Much love and mmany hugs,

Faerie

05/21/2012 07:11 AM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

Awww, it's nice to be missed haha! Love you to and many, many hugs my darling Faerie. I'm so saddened to hear of your bereavement. I was widowed in 1986 but I remember how raw the pain is. You won't believe this now but eventually you will gain some distance from the pain. It NEVER goes away but the day will come when it's not the first thing you think of when you wake up and the last thought before you pass out.

On to challenges...mine is my hands. My right hand seems to be turning rapidly into a claw which my doctor at the VA insists is just normal aging. I'm 55! She refuses to send me to a rheumie because I don't have pitted fingernails, so therefore it can't be rheumatoid arthritis. But now I have a "trigger thumb" so she's sending me to the "hand clinic" so maybe I'll get a second opinion.

05/21/2012 07:39 AM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

Oops, hit submit somehow.

My job is hell on earth. A busy call center is NO place for a fibromyte. Noisy, stressful, and requiring a great deal of concentration. My blood pressure is ridiculously high but I can't just quit, I have to find another job first. Doing what? I don't know. It took me almost a year and a half of serious full-time job hunting to find this job. I don't know how I'll find the time to find another. I've asked my doc to temporarily disable me so I can go out on short term disability just for a rest but she says no, "Just find another job!" Yeah, it's that easy.

But my daughter is still the light of my life even if we only get to see each other a couple of times a month. We text and keep in touch on FB because of my weird schedule. Today is my Saturday, I'm about to go to bed...it's 7:20 am which is pretty late for me. I'm tired but not sleepy dang it! I absolutely made her day by sending her a text that one of her favorite books (and mine) is going to be made into a series on HBO. It's called "American Gods" by Neil Gaiman. Excellent book btw.

Also my favorite author of all just put out a new book, it's called "Sacre Bleu" by Christopher Moore and it's very different, even for him. It's a semi-historical novel about painters in France, the impressionists mostly and the color blue. It's a little more serious than his usual books but still great fun. My daughter got me an autographed first edition for my birthday. I don't think I've ever read a book so slowly, wanting to savor it and make it last hahaha!

Morti is still his usual comical self, playing fetch with hair ties and soccer with his ping pong balls. He's fearless...except for the sound of lawn mowers and leaf blowers, so once a week he's hiding either in my closet or under the loveseat. Poor baby! He's gotten used to my weird schedule and knows that Sunday is our "Caturday" and OMG does he get upset if I work on one of my days off! He doesn't even like for me to go shopping or out for a meal...those are HIS days he thinks and I'm supposed to be here, preferably one the couch to snuggle with, throw toys or groom him (even though he pretends to hate being groomed). I'm trying to teach him to say "ruv ru" but he's being difficult. I did hear a definite "mama" a few weeks ago tho!

Oh I also found out that even though my official family tree says I'm Walla Walla, I'm NOT! I'm Cayuse and Nez Perce. It's a long story but it involved an ancestor lying about her tribe to avoid the prejudice against the Cayuse by the whites here in Oregon. I'm enrolled in the Umatilla Tribe but descended from the Cayuse and Nez Perce. It's weird to find out I'm a totally different tribe than I thought and now I'm doing a lot of research on the Cayuse. I'm also learning a little of the Nez Perce language from a cousin and a book I bought last time I was out on the Rez.

On that note, I'll say it's time to penmeeks, I'm finally sleepy.

Love to all my old friends and welcome to all the newbies.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 3 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved