MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/01/2012 11:37 AM

Members read

hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

From time to time, we have to repost a few simple things that help make this place a smooth running and nice place to visit. It's been a while so I'm gonna repost some things.

Please do not make any negative or derogatory comments towards a specific person or groups of people.

Please take any arguements to PMs and not on threads on this board.

If someone is arguing with you and you wish it to stop, either don't PM them and/or contact a group leader with your issue if you feel that it's getting out of hand. It is one thing to disagree and another entirely to start arguing back and forth.

Any issues or concerns can be addressed by the group leaders. You can find us by clicking on the leaders tab at the top of the page. If we don't know the answers, we can either discuss it between group leaders and/or go to the admins.

Don't try to sell anything on here. If you found an OTC product that you like, that's fine. For example, some say "Hey, I've found that so and so product works well for this problem for me." That's fine. It's another thing to try to profit from it.

Remember that this is a public website. Anyone who has access to the internet can see what you post. So be aware of any personal info that you post online. This goes for any and all public websites.

Making a threat of harming yourself or stating that you are going to kill yourself is not allowed. That is because this is a support forum and we are in no way equipped to deal with such things. If you are at this point please contact someone who can help. There are suicide prevention hotlines and you can contact 911 if you need to.

Religion. It is ok to say things like "I couldn't have made it without God(or whatever your religion's main figure is)." It is not ok to argue with another person of another religion that you are right and they are wrong. It is not ok to start a post stating that "insert figure here" is the only way to healing. We are a support group for a specific illness, not a missionary. We are not equipped to deal with conflicts of this kind.

Keep in mind that all of us are simply individuals who have been through, are going through, or know things about certain things. We are not trained professionals and our advice should not be taken as so. Any problems or issues you may have should be discussed with your own doctors as well. We cannot replace that.

Group leaders are volunteers who are regular people just like the normal members on here. We do not get paid nor have we gone through any medical or psycological training for this.

I am only writing all this as a reminder to us oldies and info for the newbies. This is not directed towards anyone person for any specific issue. Thanks for reading. Feel free to post any other things that you've noticed or have issues with below.

05/01/2012 06:28 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Thank you, Amy, for posting this to refresh our memories as well as inform any newbies of the ""rules"".

I hope posting this, tho', doesn t mean we re having problems ""behind the scenes"".

This is the greatest group online ~~~ and thanks to the group leaders as well as us regulars who make it what it is.

Marilyn

05/01/2012 06:51 PM
Julzy
Julzy  

Thanks, Amy! I've haven't seen this yet so it is very helpful!

05/01/2012 07:15 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

Nope. Just a reminder to all. It's been awhile since there was a post about the "rules" of the groups so I thought I'd remind or show the new folks some of the basic things.

05/01/2012 07:33 PM
mem1318

Well I have a problem. You need to let them know that I'm the CUTE one in the house not USHIE.

Whistling Whistling Whistling Whistling Whistling Whistling Laughing

Naw, just kidding, No I'm not. Yes I am. lol

Thank you, to be honest with you. I think we are the best group on here.

Thank you all for what you do.

Big Smile

Tongue

05/01/2012 08:17 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

Thank you Hatbox for the reminder. I'm also sure some of the new members appreciate knowing the guidelines. This is such a great group, with a lot of great people. I have expressed several times how proud I am of the members here who are so quick to welcome new people and jump right in to help. I am very proud to be a GL to such a wonderful and caring group.

Now....As far as YOU, RW...I know you are not conceited..you are convinced!! I myself have not seen a picture of Ushie, so I can't say who IS the cute one...Now Behave yourself!! LOL HUGS

05/01/2012 08:43 PM
mem1318

WHO ME?????? What I Do??????? If I behave will I be the cute one? I'm just saying.

Hey new member's, it is alright. You can say I'm the cute one. It don't matter if they can not admit it. hehe

Love you all. Good Nite

welcome5

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

05/01/2012 11:09 PM
gerinaz

Hatbox. I'm only at a month with the group so still a newbie. Sometimes we assume that we know the rules of communicating, but it is so easy to get over passionate on a forum like this. They are good guidelines. Thanks

RW. I'm sorry to say that the jury is still out until we see a photo of Ushie. We KNOW that you are a sexy cutie pie, but what if Ushie is a playboy Bunny???? Just saying.........

Geri

05/02/2012 05:28 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

thank you HAtbox,

ah RW what will we due with you.behave yourself.

05/02/2012 09:08 AM
faerie
faerie  

Thank you Hatbox!

RW - - - (aka Cute One) are you awake or asleep??

If you are awake - - are your eyes open??

If your eyes are open - - - then yes!!!!! You are probably in trouble!!!!

Not your fault - - - - - you CAN'T be cute and intelligentt!!! That wouldn't be fair!!!!

Love FaerieCool

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved