MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/25/2012 04:54 PM

Update......

Pandura555

Went to the doctor today and it was confirmed, I def have Fibro. She said, most people cry when she tells them....I was not surprised since there weren't many other things that could explain my pain and exhaustion. Shes running addtional blood tests to see what else my be there and perscribed Cymbalta, a muscle relaxer and an anti inflamatory for now. I'm just happy to know that while I'm "crazy" I'm not CRAZY lol......

Soooooo I guess I'll be around chatting with you guys and asking plenty of questions!

Thanks for all your help so far!

Melissa

04/25/2012 05:00 PM
ushie

Hi, Melissa, at least you know for sure now. Anything you want right off the bat?

04/25/2012 05:45 PM
FibroCFS
FibroCFS  

I was elated. Hey, I had a diagnosis after years of doctors. I felt validated.

04/25/2012 06:15 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

I'm about the same way FibroCFS. I was first diagnosed wit IBS and CFS way back in the late 80s. So I've been fighting for at least 25+ years to figure out what was really wrong. I went into the Rheumy after educating myself and said "is this Fibro" and he confirmed. It was vindication. There really was something wrong with me, I wasn't just a hypochondriac.

04/25/2012 06:18 PM
mem6526

Melissa,

No you are not crazy! Welcome to the group! Smile

We all understand and you are definitely not alone! Wink

04/25/2012 06:56 PM
Pandura555

Thanks guys....I'm really happy that I know what's wrong. I know myself.....I know how tough I am lol. I'm planning on keeping up my level of work with the help of my meds and treatments. We have 4 months or so of "busy season" so I plan on pressing on till then. I'm a fighter and always have been. I know I'm insane (lol I've been told) so I'm not taking it too "easy" till I have to. I notice I feel just as tired after a normal day at work as I do after a day off so why sit home and eat what I shouldn't right? It's the Saturdays that I need to work throught (10-12 hrs on my feet straight) Only 4 more triple Saturdays to go! I worke at Medieval times as the arena manager and have a staff of 60....we see about 3000 guests come throught the castle on a triple Saturday....so I need to be there, aware and working hard (like it or not!)

Gonna have a talk with my GM tomorrow and tell hime what's up so maybe I can chill a little but I know I'll still have a lot of work ahead of me regardless. Wish me luck!

Thanks for all your support!!!

Melissa

04/25/2012 08:27 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

I love renfests, but I've never been to Midieval Times. Always wanted to tho. Before we moved, we went to the local Renfest every spring. Right now, it's not feeling like spring, because we aren't going to the Renfest every weekend!! It can't be spring, we aren't dressing up and going out!

Take care of yourself, because you have to. You don't want to get too exhausted and trigger a flare!

04/25/2012 09:22 PM
gerinaz

Melissa

Good luck and try to rest whenever you can, even if it only means sitting down with your feet up for 10 minutes at a time. Do you work at the M.T in Lyndhurst?. I used to live in NJ, so was there once and also have lots of family back k in NJ. The young ones go to MT often. Geri

04/26/2012 04:52 AM
Pandura555

Yes.....thats the one I work at! Been there for 11 years in August. We used to live in Lyndhurst but moved to Matawan about 3 years ago. We love it by the beach and the commute is only about 30 minutes. Let me know your family's reservation number when they go, I set up all the seating so I can def hook them up!

Renfests are fun! They ususally do ours in this area around September. They're a lot of fun.

04/26/2012 02:45 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

LOL I call Renfests "dress up day for grown ups!" You know how kids play dress up? Well, we adults get to play dress up too, we just call it a Renfest! lol I'm really jonesing for Iris and Rose (two tavern wenches who like to sing dirty little tavern songs) and Christophe the Insulter. Then there's the German Twins, Cantigua, Hey Nunny Nunny, Don Juan and Miguel, and so many more!

Dang it, I wanna go!!

*edit for typos*

Post edited by: MoiraWolf, at: 04/26/2012 07:08 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved