MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/23/2012 10:45 PM

Where did the truck go?

gerinaz

The one that hit me and sped off. Tonight I am a mess. My gall bladder is acting up. An ultrasound showed a problem so I went to a surgeon, and he wants to do some more testing. Thank goodness it does not flare up too often, but tonight, I am hugging a heating pad and pillow. I have an appointment with my urologist next week.......I've had two bladder suspension surgeries and I am having some discomfort and incontinence problems........again! My Back is hurting from too much activity yesterday.....and those are the non-fms things that are bothering me. I'm not In a full flare up, but my hips and legs are absolutely screaming. I am lying on the couch with pillows propped under my legs, under my back, on my stomach. This too shall pass. I just needed to verbalize what is going on. I'd like to go to sleep, but that's not happening soon, and that is getting me upset because I have a busy day caring for my son tomorrow. C'mon sleep!!!

04/23/2012 10:50 PM
mem6526

I am so sorry that you are in so much pain. Can you take a pain pill and maybe that will help you? I am wondering if you have gallstones? Try to not eat anything fatty cause that will trigger a gallbladder attack. Try to drink Apple Juice and water. Let me know if that helps you.

Hang in there and just know that you are not alone. I am in so much pain tonight too. We could lay on the couch and vent to each other! lol Blink

This too shall pass!

Keep venting! Wink

04/23/2012 11:04 PM
gerinaz

The surgeon told me that there are no stones. He said that some of the biliary ducts are dialated. He said that I need to have a special MRI done of the digestive system to see what is going on. The original ultrasound was of the whole stomach area, because we did not know what was wrong. Now that they think they have it somewhat isolated, he wants to take a close look.

Since I've had this, so many people have said "just have them take out your gall bladder, we don't need it anyway". The surgeon told me that is absolutely untrue and that the people who do well without it are very lucky, but the others have terrible problems with their digestion. I am glad that he is not in a hurry to cut.

I have found that either apple juice or grapejuice help. Strange, huh? Well, I sure hope you get to feeling better and get some sleep, too.

04/23/2012 11:13 PM
mem6526

Try to not eat anything fatty. That can cause a lot of gallbladder pain.

The Gallbladder releases bile when digestion occurs. The fattier the food the more difficult it is to digest and more bile is released.

So try to be careful with what you eat. Eat bland foods for now.

Hang in there and let me know how you feel tomorrow. Maybe have some scrambled eggs and toast and apple juice. Try some yogurt too. Yogurt has good bacteria and aids in digestion. Hope that you can sleep too.

Thanks! Kissing

Post edited by: angelonearth, at: 04/23/2012 11:20 PM

04/23/2012 11:22 PM
mem6526

Body of gallbladder:

The body of gallbladder is the portion of the gallbladder which is distal to the neck. The gallbladder is located right below the liver in the upper right quadrant of the abdomen. The body is attached to the liver and is about 4 inches long. It resembles a pear in shape.

Function:

The main purpose of the gallbladder is to store bile, or gall. The gallbladder is part of the biliary system and serves as a reservoir for bile, which is produced by the liver. The liver produces the bile and then it flows through the bile ducts into the gallbladder. The gallbladder releases the bile in response to a hormone called cholecystokinin, which is released from the small intestine. When the bile is released, it is released into the small intestine and its purpose is to break down large fat molecules into smaller ones. After the fat is absorbed, the bile is also absorbed and transported back to the liver for reuse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_of_gallbladder

04/24/2012 01:56 AM
faieriemama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Oh gerinaz honey I'm so sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your gall bladder. angelonearth is absolutely right, avoid fatty foods, any kind of fat but especially meat fat, your gall bladder produces more bile to aid in digestion of meat fat. My gall bladder doesn't function properly and produces way to much bile acid because the biliary ducts are too large, so I have to eat a mostly fat free diet. I hope your doc can get this figured out and help you real soon. Oh yeah, no I don't think it's strange that apple or grape juice helps I find that starfruit juice and strawberry juice help mine. I also find that bananas are helpful too, I don't know about the yogurt that was suggested as I can't eat it but it might just check the fat content. Sending healing energies and keeping you in my prayers. Hugs and Loves.

04/24/2012 04:02 AM
oroman
oroman  

I too have a problem with my Gallbladder and so I try to be careful. But I did not know of apple juice, good recomendation. I will read this this afternoon when I get back. Thanks and take care of yourself.

Olga

04/24/2012 04:46 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

so sorry..I had my gallbladder out and swore it grew back..

04/24/2012 07:57 AM
girlfriend
girlfriend  
VIP Member

That darn truck left your house and made a beeline for mineSmile I think it came around the corner on two wheels...

04/24/2012 10:41 AM
mem6526

I think the truck landed at my house today! Wassat Unsure Blink Whistling

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved