Ask a Question
02/15/2009 02:36 PM

New here.(page 3)

dayxday
dayxday  

No problem! (((HUGS)))

02/15/2009 04:07 PM
Janilee

Casty, do your girls take baths or showers? What kind of soap do they use? I used to get UTI's when I was little from taking a bath. Turned out that I was allergic to the Ivory soap and sitting in the soapy water just made it worse. So I started showering at a very early age.

02/15/2009 04:09 PM
Casty
0hCasty  
VIP Member

one showers and one bathes. I have told them to avoid putting straight soap in that special are as that can exacerbate the problem. I can't get my youngest to take showers, what can I use to provoke her?

02/15/2009 05:12 PM
dayxday
dayxday  

Casty-try baby bath. I used to get constant UTI's (especially after being "lovie" with hubby LOL!) and doctor told me to try baby bath instead of soap (was using dial), worked like a charm! How old is your youngest?

02/15/2009 05:17 PM
Sistrozzie
Sistrozzie  

what is a non-eleptic seizure? I have seizure disorder considered absence disorder where I don't lose consciousness. I am aware of the seizure and try to talk through it but usually can't. I recently found out they are called petit mal also. Is an NES more like a convulsion?

02/15/2009 06:55 PM
dayxday
dayxday  

Nonepileptic seizures are seizures that mimic epileptic seizures but arent caused by electrical disturbances in the cerebral cortex like epilepsy. Used to be called "pseudo" seizures. Absence seizures are a form of epilepsy where the person having them look like their staring off in space & they happen rather quickly. It may last a few seconds or not even one second. Some have twitching, or jerking with eye muscles, some won't. The person sometimes doesnt even realize they are having one, and if you dont know what you're looking for someone watching one may not even know it.

Post edited by: dayxday, at: 02/15/2009 19:00

02/15/2009 07:50 PM
Iknowpain
Iknowpain  

No worries about me feeling guilty about my daughters. They both already have PMDD and 1 of them has migraines and fibro. I never did blame myself. I learned you can't play the blame game when it comes to medical stuff a long time ago. I am a big believer in everything happens for a reason and I truly believe we all have a purpose in this and it is just a matter of finding out what it is.

Dayxday described non epileptic seizures much better then my foggy brain would have.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 3 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved