MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/23/2012 06:42 PM

New here to this site / not feeling myself

JackieOnyc
JackieOnyc  

Hello,

I am joining because i feel so alone, and am so in need of support, I also can give support, I am a 41 yr old mother of two girls 14yo and 8yo, wife of 15 yrs to my hubbie, who I've been blessed to be in a relationship for the past 22 yrs. Since we were 18yo'rs old.

I was diagnosed with disc disease, bulging, herniated discs and spinal stenosis when i was just 27 yo, right after my first pregnancy/labor...I was diagnosed with fybromylgia at about 35 yrs old and have symtoms of osteoarthritis since for about ten yrs now...

I have had my bouts of anxiety and depression, but just recently started lyrica, and am thinking of changing it...i'm not feeling myself, and find that i'm more depressed,,,,

which is why im reaching out,,,has anyone had bad experiences with lyrica? i'm on low dosage...just 50mg, three times a day....

04/23/2012 06:53 PM
FibroCFS
FibroCFS  

Hi JackieOnyc,

I wanted to welcome you even though I have not tried Lyrica. Instead they put me on Gabapentin which is Neurontin. My other medications are in my signature. They had to take me off Cymbalta as it did not do much for pain and I was very drugged. Same with Savella.

04/23/2012 07:03 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

Welcome to the fibro group, Jackie. I am sorry that you are dealing with so many issues. Just to let you know, this is a great support group, with a lot of great people. There is a lot of good information in some of the older posts, I urge you to read over some of them. We are here to offer support, help, understand, listen to venting, spreading laughter and unjudgemental caring. I'm sure you will make friends here and hope that you will feel comfortable here.

We hope to get to know you better. Welcome to the fibro family!! HUGS

04/23/2012 07:13 PM
gerinaz

JackieOnyc. WELCOME. I have been a member of this wonderful group for less than a month, and I am totally amazed at the number of people who have found us over this time. I am even more amazed at the caring people who "hang out" here. You'll get empathy, sympathy, hugs, and all the warm and fuzzy feelings that we all sometimes need, but beware.......you will also get very frank advice if it seems that you are not caring for yourself.

My experience with lyrics was several years ago. I took it for years, but it became time to change because it was making me too lethargic. There are many group members who currently take lyrics and there are also many past discussions about it if you look back a bit.

Good luck. I'll "talk" to you soon. Geri

04/23/2012 07:20 PM
bc1028
bc1028  

Welcome to the group. Your story sounds so much like mine it is not funny. I was dx with back issues at 26 although I have had back pain since I was in 6th grade. I had back surgery at 32 and the back pain continued...Eventually, I was hurting everywhere and would get so tired that I could fall asleep sitting up. I was dx with fibro at 38. I know the kids can wear you out (I have a 17, 15, 12 and 10 yo) but I am blessed with a husband of 21 years that will help and will tell me when I need to sit and stop for the day. Welcome to the group, I hope this will help you.

04/23/2012 08:01 PM
ushie

Hi and welcome. I had a different bad reaction to Lyrica. I take Cymbalta and Savella and Gabapentin instead. Glad you are here, and talking with us!

04/23/2012 08:47 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

Hello Jackie! You'll find that your'e allowed to vent, rant, rave, laugh, question, love and just about anything else here. We're a great bunch of people and we "get it" which a lot of the world doesn't. We all have it, so we understand everything you say.

I've never taken Lyrica. I'm on Gabapentin, Tramadol and Flexiril. So I can't help you there. You said you get really depressed, does the doc have you on anything for depression? Because Fibro is a neurologic condition, depression seems to go hand-in-hand with it, and many times AD meds can help both with the depression and sometimes with the pain itself.

04/23/2012 09:10 PM
mem6526

JackieOnyc,

Welcome to the group!

Are you taking an Anti-Depressant? Maybe you can talk to your Doctor about changing your Meds and trying an anti-depressant and a different Med and talk about weaning yourself off of Lyrica.

Do not just stop taking Lyrica on your own.

You have to be weaned off of it under a Doctor's supervision.

Please let us know what happens after you talk to your Doctor.

Hang in there. You are not alone.

Wink

04/24/2012 01:24 AM
faieriemama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome so glad you found us dear and sorry you had reason to. You are definitely not alone you have joined a wonderful group of friends who have been where you are and are happy to support you and just be there for you.

04/24/2012 03:49 AM
Rubberman
Rubberman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome Jackie you have come to the right place

everyone here is very caring & surportive and will

help you any way we can

take care

Bobby

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved