MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/22/2012 04:56 PM

My Dx's

SweetJulie62
SweetJulie62  

I saw the doctor and she sent me referrals to place i can not get to outside of my city. I was under the impression but the dxs are Myalgia, Myositis, bilateral tennis elbow.

Anyone heard of Myositis? I read it is inflamation of muscles?

Any thoughts would help

Julie

04/22/2012 05:10 PM
mem6526

04/22/2012 08:14 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

Myocitis would be inflammation of the muscles. Odd that you're diagnosed with that and myalgia (pain in the muscles) but not Fibromyalgia.

I haven't a clue hon, wish I could help. But I will say Welcome to the group since it appears your'e new!

04/22/2012 08:15 PM
DanaW
DanaW  

Hi Julie! I agree with Mo, seems like an odd dx but I'm sure the referral docs will pull all of that together for you so it makes sense. Well, I hope they do anyway! Keep us posted on how it all goes

04/23/2012 04:43 PM
oroman
oroman  

This is a very informative article I just read and will be reading again since I suffer with pain in my arms, especially at night where I can't sleep well because of the pain in both arms and my neck. In the morning I can't lift my arms for a couple of hours. Don't know if this has happened since the neck surgery 8 yrs ago due to an accident at work with a patient. I previously was diagnosed with bursitis. And now arthritis plus Fibro.

Anyways, I am always learning here.

Olga

Post edited by: oroman, at: 04/23/2012 04:44 PM

04/23/2012 07:00 PM
FibroCFS
FibroCFS  

I think that, until they are certain it is Fibromyalgia, will at times give a diagnosis of Myalgia, Myosistis, Myofacial Pain. Fibormyalgia covers so much more and takes a lot of testing to diagnose it by ruling things out and by recording lots of other symptoms and maybe going through a sleep study.

For instance, using the 2010 criteria helps diagnose by symptoms and their individual severity groups. http://www.fibroknowledge.com/site/diagnose.htm

When I was younger I used to get Myofacial Pain as a diagnosis. In 1998 I got the Fibromyalgia diagnosis. Do we all progress that way? I don't know but I did.

04/23/2012 07:25 PM
bc1028
bc1028  

I am not familiar with your dxs like the others but either way it sounds like you are in a lot of pain like the rest of us, I hope the doctor can help you and you will feel better soon.

04/23/2012 07:32 PM
mem6526

Myositis:

What is it?

Myositis is defined as the inflammation of muscles (“myo” means muscle and “itis” means inflammation). The inflammatory myopathies are a group of disorders characterized by inflammation and weakness mainly of the muscles closest to the trunk of the body (proximal muscles). These disorders include polymyositis, dermatomyositis and inclusion body myositis. Myositis may be associated with inflammation in other organs, including the joints, heart, lungs, intestines and skin. In dermatomyositis, a rash develops in addition to the muscle inflammation.

Muscle inflammation also can occur in people with other rheumatic diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus and scleroderma.

Many people with myositis respond well to treatment. Some people have a single attack and are able to stop taking medications after about a year. Others have recurrent attacks of the disease that do respond to medication. Although less common, some people experience chronically active myositis and must receive continuous treatment.

http://www.arthritis.org/disease-center.php?disease_id=15& df=definition

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved