MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/17/2012 07:03 AM

feel like your gonna die?

mem9113

hello,

anyone out there flare for months at a time with blurred vision, auras, constipation, gas, fatigue? I suppose theres more I just can't think right now, feel so sorry for my husband who doesn't have a wife and my son who doesnt have much of a mother, i cry all the timeSad

04/17/2012 07:08 AM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

I've never had a flare that lasted that long, no. But it sounds like you've got something besides just a flare going on. Especially when you say you cry all the time. Do you have depression, or anxiety? Those often go along with Fibro, and can cause the symptoms you describe. Blurred vision and auras sounds like migraines, constipation and gas sound like Irritable Bowel, fatigue sounds like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

It really sounds like you need to speak to your doctor and get him/her to address ALL your symptoms, not just pain.

Post edited by: MoiraWolf, at: 04/17/2012 07:08 AM

04/17/2012 07:45 AM
ouchee
ouchee  

I have............still on it. Almost a year. I don't think I can call it a flare though. Just normal. My flares get longer and longer the older I get. I'm trying new methods now (herbal), hopefully will get some sort of relief there. Doctors obviously don't know what the heck is going on and I refuse to be on pharmaceuticals any longer. I'm taking my health into my own hands and those that are trained in herbs. I'll let you know if I find out anything new. So far, I seem to be a little better and over time I EXPECT things to get way better.

Hang in there sweetie. Do the best you can with whatever method you choose. I know this isn't much help but after having this soooooooo long you eventually choose to do whatever it takes and try new things if the things you are doing don't work. I hope you can find something to work for you. My heart goes out to you. Keep us posted.

Love and prayers to you!!!! Smile

04/17/2012 09:51 AM
ushie

Sorry to hear you're feeling so badly. Your hubs and son will be fine--you have to look after yourself first, so that you can then look after them.

04/17/2012 10:26 AM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

Hang in there... talk to your doctor... you hubby and son will be fine.. worry aout you and getting yourself back to where you want to be.... hang in there you can do it!

04/17/2012 10:52 AM
mem9113

ouchie why is it that on the day I have to go to the doc I start feeling better! I don't remember what to tell him was bothering me I guess i'd better get a paper and pen and write down everything that was happening.

04/17/2012 11:55 AM
cscwem
cscwem  

I have had a flare that has lasted almost a month or so in the winter, I live in WA state so the snow and cold do me no good. Generally at that time my pcp will put me on the 2 day round of steroids to knock the flare out. She has tried to put me on the longer dosage, but in the end coming off that one, just sends my body back into flare up. Sad The constipation and gas, that has been me lately and I am hating it!! As far as the fatigue I am always that way, matter of fact when I seen the rheumy at the beginning of the month he referred me back to the sleep doc that I saw before I was diagnosed with the fibro so I see his nurse practionier next week.

04/17/2012 12:47 PM
FibroCFS
FibroCFS  

Yes, although not all the symptoms are the same.

But, you always have to go that extra mile and rule things out. Make sure your doctor knows.

04/17/2012 02:04 PM
oroman
oroman  

I seem to also have pain all of the time so when I have a flare I can't tell the difference between arthritis, fibro and a flare. Its like I don't know my own body. And I too do not take meds that often. I wait and wait and wait before taking a prescribed medication. And I have been to my rheumy for about 3 1/2 yrs so I can't think of what else to do in terms of treatment doctor.

Take it easy take care and be good to your self.

Olga

04/17/2012 08:33 PM
faieriemama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Yep. My flares seem to trigger my depression which make my flares worse, it's like a big vicious circle, that can last for a month or two. I'm just getting out of one now, and if there's any extra stress in life that just adds to it all. Your idea of writing down what is bothering you before you go to the doc is a good one. Since my insurance only pays for one visit a month to my PCP I have to write down any questions I have or I'd forget them for sure.lol For your pains try a warm bath, heat pads, massages if you can get them. Hope you feel better soon, and try to relax and not stress. Hugs and Love.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved