MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/16/2012 08:16 PM

Hey Family, Picture of Grands Prom(page 2)

mem1318

Haha, yes see is a good SPOILED young lady. Have two more following right behind her. But they are not as high maintenance right now. Boy if she want kill your pocket book.

This was 10th grade Prom. I have to find the 11th grade.

Post edited by: Realityworld, at: 04/16/2012 08:35 PM

Post edited by: Realityworld, at: 05/17/2012 06:45 PM

04/16/2012 08:34 PM
Julzy
Julzy  

Geri- the problem is, our sons go out with the girls that wear prom dresses that make them look like street walkers.

So then what do you do???

Post edited by: Julzy, at: 04/16/2012 08:43 PM

04/16/2012 08:44 PM
mem1318

I think it all fall back on who allowed them to go out like that. I don't think they relize how they look. In their eye it is cute. That is not allowed from us. Hopefully your sons will think twice and look at the whole picture. Ask son how did they think their date looked? See what kind of answer you get. You have to be careful, if you push to hard most want listen nor want to see what you are trying to open their eyes to see. If it was my son I would tell him stright up. I would have to let him know that it is not cute and he look just a stupid because he was with her. I'm just saying, but my son know me and I would talk about him & her so bad. Yes I would. Hell if that was the case I would rather he go by himself.

04/16/2012 08:54 PM
mem6526

RW,

I agree with you. It comes from good family values and hoping that a Parent or Grandparent has instilled that in a person and also trust too.

Your Grand Daughter is beautiful and I hope that she had a wonderful time.

Smile

04/16/2012 08:59 PM
Julzy
Julzy  

That is so true angel and RW.... !

Post edited by: Julzy, at: 04/16/2012 08:59 PM

04/16/2012 09:07 PM
mem1318

Thanks, it was funny when dad was waiting at the door. He said he called her and no answer. lol If her granddad had be here I don't know. They may have been sitting out side. I went to bed and slept good. She know how far to go. My daughter would knock her head off. I have talked the facts of life to all my girls so much. They problem what to tell me to shut up. I wish they would I would knock their teeth out then take the to the dentist. I wish they would come talking about child abuse. Hell they would abuse me when they did not listen and still in my care. She still has 3 more years before consider as an adult. Until then, she better sit down and shut the hell up and listen. But she is a pretty good young lady. Now this baby girl, I'll probly have to bet her down.lol Bye the way she was a 4.0 GPA, but went through a little thing and grade fell to a 3.8 GPA. That is all good we understood. Life change.

04/16/2012 09:30 PM
gerinaz

Julzy..... That's a difficult question to answer. How about two words....birth control! I guess parents have been dealing with these issues forever. When young girls dress so provocatively, our boys hormones go crazy. Unfortunately, these days it seems that (most) girls are becoming more and more daring with their attire. Boys are just so used to seeing a lot of female skin that it is no big deal for them to see it in a prom dress. I really think that schools need to get ALOT more strict about their dress codes both for school and extra-curricular activities. I am not a prude by any means, and for my age (64), I have been told that I am a very "with it" senior (ouch) citizen. My two sons are in their forties and both are married. They were very spoiled as children, and they always had a sense of self respect and respect for others. I doubt that they would ever have taken a girl to the prom if she looked like a streetwalker, however, I'm sure they wouldn't mind the sight of one on some other guy's arm! Geri

04/16/2012 09:32 PM
gerinaz

Hey guys.......what is the difference between "reply" and "submit" when I am writing a post?????

04/16/2012 09:51 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

Very beautiful girl, RW. I'm sure you are very proud of her. Sounds like a good girl with moral values. Hard to find that now days. HUGS

04/17/2012 12:42 AM
bc1028
bc1028  

Reality, they look like a wonderful couple. I hope they had a good time. Love her dress it looks great on her. I know you are so proud.

Gerinaz, I agree with you, my daugther went to her prom Saturday night and another one a few weeks ago. I was amazed at some of the dresses that seemed to show a lot of skin. I was upset because she wanted a short dress for her prom but got a long one to wear to her friends, although she was covered in both dresses, I thought the long one was much more elegant.I thought it was funny because after the prom, they were both so tired they opted to come here and watch a movie, her little brother was up when they got here (he is 12) he looked her date straight in the eye and told him "if you lay one hand on my sister I will hurt you" he then proceded to tell us that we was going to stay up to "keep an eye on them" It was too funny.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved