MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/17/2012 12:47 AM

Fibro is a roller coaster ride!(page 2)

bc1028
bc1028  

I get that crawly skin stuff too. I did not know that others got it too although I am glad to hear that I am not going crazy. I also take my RLS meds when it gets bad. I have noticed that if anyone touches my feet before I go to sleep, I get it real bad. I have noticed that one side is much more sensitive than the other.

04/17/2012 07:05 AM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

I take gabapentin for the RLS about an hour before bedtime, and if the crawly feeling is really bad, I have some Sinemet (generic is carbidopa/levadopa) and I can take up to 3 of those "as needed." I rarely have to take them, but they act really fast, Gabapentin takes up to an hour and a half to work, so I really like the Sinemet. It's working in under 15 minutes. I can also take the Sinemet if I have to have some during the day because I"m going to be sitting very still for long periods, like a long car ride. Otherwise I'd never be able to sit still.

04/17/2012 07:13 AM
Julzy
Julzy  

At night I hate feeling of my pajamas on my skin, so I usually tear them off at night......and I get awful night sweats which I think are probably hot flushes....

04/22/2012 03:06 PM
Clarita
Clarita  
VIP Member

Love this post- a roller coaster is a great way to describe the fibromite journey! Have been on this rollercoaster ride for almost 15 years now- moderately severe to severely challenged- yet am upbeat plus do not let fibro define me or stop me from living a fulfilled happy life. Have become my own life coach. Try to help others to see glass half full too. Am down to earth empath who cares deeply for others. Am a fibromite survivor who is keeping on surviving! Have been a member here before so am returning here once more:-D! On vacation yet will post more when return home! Everyone super challenged right now hold on tightly plus feel free to lean on me anytime okay Soothing hugs to you all,love Clarita:-D

04/23/2012 01:07 AM
faieriemama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I too love this description of fibro the up and down and all the loops it throws us. the itch skin drives me nuts it happens not just at nights though during the day it seems to hit at the most inconvenient times. So glad to see you back on these boards Batgirl, I keep trying to get over to the other group but have been hit real hard lately, yet we survivors keep hanging on don't we. Hugs and Love

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved