MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/13/2012 08:44 PM

I wish we could put fibro on hold.

bc1028
bc1028  

Everytime I have something big going on or something planned, fibro seems to rear its ugly head to remind me it is here for good. In the past month I have had 2 trips, my oldest daughter's prom, and a few other things going on. I seem to be dead on my feet (actually dead on swollen feet) I am tired and hurt more right now. I know that having "something big" can trigger the fibro but I wish it would wait until things slow down before it blows up on me. It is irritating to me that if I do something, it takes me twice or three times as long to recover as it should. Does anyone else notice this pattern? I know taking it slower would help but sometimes life just does not let you do that, how do you cope?

04/13/2012 08:49 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

I think it's the stress that triggers the flaring when we have something going on. It's a self-perpetuating cycle. I have this big event coming up. I'm worried will the fibro flare on me while I've got this event going on. The worry triggers stress and the stress triggers a Flare, so I've done it to myself with the worry and stress. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I would suggest trying to stay calm and not worry (I know that's impossible, but still try!). Take time to meditate, or just sit in the morning with a cup of coffee on the porch and take a few minutes to relax before the start of your full day with it's event you're worried about. Take a moment to BREATHE. It may not help, but it certainly won't hurt!

04/13/2012 09:01 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

bc,

I do agree. It does seem to flare up when there are important things going on. I personally think that the anxiety or stress leading up to the event is what pushes it to come on. Either that or just luck..LOL I do know that it is when it is most opportune..I'm not sure when a good time is...but I do know when it's not. I hope that things will get better for you. HUGS

04/13/2012 11:43 PM
ushie

Meditation/relaxation can help, said the woman who slept most of the day because work stress beat her up this week.

04/14/2012 06:31 AM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

Meditation IS great Ushie. I should do it more often. I got out of practice when I was a truck driver. No place quiet and calm enough when you live in a 5x8 foot living space with another person!

04/14/2012 06:56 AM
Montag
Montag  

Remembering to breathe is terribly important!!

When an event is planned ahead of time I always tell whoever is having the event - `I`ll be there, but if I can`t I will give you as much notice as possible.`

This way the stress of HAVING to be there is lessoned b/c I have an out should i need to take it.

If i can`t make the event at least i was honest from the start & don`t have to climb into a guilt box....no no no!!!

If i do make it to the event i always have my own tranportation and again i make it known to the host/hostess I`m there to make an appearance & will stay as long as i can.

Sometimes I end up staying for a few hours, b/c the pressure of HAVING to stay is off.

this helps me alot.....!

04/14/2012 08:25 AM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

i jusy got home from my fathers wednesday.... and all i can say is i am de stressing and it hurts LOL....i did stuff yesterday but i cant get out of my own way today lol..oh well ..shrugs always later or tomorrow lol

04/14/2012 08:29 AM
livewithhope
livewithhope  

I know exactly what you mean! I believe it's the added stress, too. I just take a day or two to relax and plan to do nothing....I love days when I can do nothing!!

04/14/2012 09:25 AM
girlfriend
girlfriend  
VIP Member

I've notice the same thing.. something important or exciting coming up and wham.. here we go again...

Adewyn, glad you are back safely with your family... rest and relax!

04/14/2012 06:21 PM
bc1028
bc1028  

I successfully got my daughter off to prom tonight after a LONG day of hair, make up and pictures. I am done-stick a fork in me. My body feels like it was hit by an 18 wheeler and they backed up and did it agian. If I don't have to stand on my feet for the next 24 hours, I will be happy. OH, and on top of everything, I got up at 6 this morning and went to wake all the kids up for school. One of my daughters finally to me "Mom, it is Saturday-leave me alone!!!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved