MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/12/2009 02:50 AM

Lyrica

sonnekus
sonnekus  

Hallo

My Dr subscribed Lyrica for me. I have not yet started using it, is any of you on this medication and is it helping?

Regards

Sonja

02/12/2009 03:15 AM
Casty
0hCasty  
VIP Member

I can't take it due to past kidney failure but I know there have been many discussions on this esp lately.

I suggest you type Lyrica in the search field and see what you come up with. Good luck!

02/12/2009 03:26 AM
sonnekus
sonnekus  

Thanks a lot, I will do that!

02/12/2009 03:40 AM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi Sonja,

I have been taking Lyrica since May '08 with minimal side effects (had some severe fatigue going on at first and have gained about 10#).

Both effects seem to be on an even keel now ~~~~ At first, I was a walking zombie during the day so instead of taking 1 75mg in early morning and 1 at dinner time in the evening, my Rhuemy suggested taking them both at bedtime. No more zombie during the day ~~~~ AND ~~~ no more weight gain Smile !!!

From reading of others' experiences here in the forum, I understand that Lyrica is not for everyone but I feel it is definitely worth the try . While I don t have the severe, sometimes dibilitating pain that many mention, Lyrica definitely helps me.

Marilyn

02/12/2009 03:51 AM
sonnekus
sonnekus  

Oh no! I cannot gain anymore weight! I already picked up weight from the fibro, my husband said to me he really hates a fat women!

I am already very tired, it is really getting me down. I will have to try it anyway and hope for the best!

02/12/2009 03:56 AM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

it gives you an appetite....you can choose to know if you are really hungry or if it is the medicine.. I have gain weight from being sick also i am not conserned about gaining more because i can tell the difference between real hunger and medicine causing hunger. I have only been on lyrica for about 2 weeks and have seen a difference like I said on a nother thread it is gradual thing not a wake up and woohoo thing.. hope it works for you.

02/12/2009 10:33 AM
Iknowpain
Iknowpain  

I would be so mad at my husband if made a comment like that to me I would lose it. I was on Lyrica for 2 months and had serious side effects but I did not gain weight from it. I have now lost over 100 pounds which was gained from being sick. Changing my diet not only got rid of the weight but it helped me feel better too. It can be done even with little or no activity.

I hope Lyrica works for you.

02/12/2009 03:46 PM
Janilee

Sonja, If my hubby ever said that to me, I would have told him, fine, just send your paycheck to my new address every week. My hubby is one of those who no matter what he eats it don't stick. He did gain 40 lbs when he quit smoking a few years ago. Now he's up to 170 lbs and thinks he's fat. I told him he has two wives cause I'm double the weight I should be. I talk to him about it and he knows what I'm going thru. I have tried every diet in the book and just manage to keep from gaining any more weight but haven't lost any so far.

02/12/2009 03:59 PM
Iknowpain
Iknowpain  

I agree with Jan, but it would be him with the new address and he would be lucky if that new address was not the nearest hospital. URG!

My hubby is 5' 11" and 140. Talk about skinny. He is happy about my weight lose but more from a health perspective then anything.

02/12/2009 04:07 PM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

janilee i have been holding steady at 190..for 4 years and my husband weighs 135 and is 5'10"... he is very supportive of me he knows i am not happy at this weight since i was skinny 130 or less all my life.. and i told him thats it once i am better this is some how coming off.. he has stocked the house with fruits and veggies and doesn't eat cookies or choclate in front of me (not that he has alot of it he is just being nice) AND he would never say that i had to lose weight or you need to be a certain weight because it is not the shell of a person that makes the person it is the heart and soul and if you dont like the heart and soul then there is the door dont let it hit you on the way out... Thisis just a vessel (i got a reject) but i plan on making the outside look like the inside and that is MY choice and no one else and if I fail I know he still loves me Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved