MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/21/2012 11:15 AM

Severe Elbow Pain(page 2)

SweetJulie62
SweetJulie62  

Not likely i go to comm service clinic and they are not offering me much help just ibuprofen and flexaril.

04/21/2012 11:50 AM
RLFORTIN
RLFORTIN  

I have pain in my elbow that affects my hand, fingers and forearm. Had an EMG and I have Ulnar Nerve Damage. I get pain, muscle weakness and tingling. Have you have a EMG/nerve conduction study?

Nelle

04/21/2012 01:27 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

Weakness that is progressive is more worriesome than the pain. An EMG is a good call to check for any potential nerve damage that might be there. If you don't have insurance check out the no insurance/low income thread that is stickied in the general forum.

04/22/2012 06:54 AM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

oooo mmmyyyyy gggooooddddessssss... yes.!!! the fibro points urt all the time but before i started building my muscles back up.. holy crap there were days i couldnt even open my elbow joint up... now at i am uilding muscle in that area... yes my fibro points hurt... but i have had far less "attacks of this pain.. i usualy get it when i have over used (obviously) OR Slept on my arms wrong..... hang in there... if you dont have muscle relaxer ask for one take it at night and see if it helps after a few days.... keep moving those arms and hands... and shoulders...hugs andlove

04/22/2012 04:51 PM
SweetJulie62
SweetJulie62  

Thanks for the advise but currently i am in pain 24/7. Difficulty walking i am going to start walking and increase daily.

04/26/2012 06:38 PM
SweetJulie62
SweetJulie62  

Marilyn,

Nice to hear from you. All my rheumatoid tests came back as normal so i will have to live with the back pain. My tennis elbow has gotten so painful i can no longer lift a gallon of milk mostly from the severe pain. Anytime i do any house hold chores it hurts for the next few days, throbbing, very swollen i am afraid it will get so bad i will not be able use my elbows.

I talk to a lawyer about disability, i have to get him some info. I have no family, nearby and the same for friends. But i am pushing on.

Enough about me, how are you

04/26/2012 07:19 PM
SweetJulie62
SweetJulie62  

No i have to go to a comm clinic so i am left with ibuprofen and flexaril i do not want drugs i want something done.

04/26/2012 07:53 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

Julie,

You are not alone, we are here for you always. I know it's not the same as having family nearby, but we care for and support you.

I know you do not want drugs, but unfortunately with fibro there is really nothing they can do. We can do some things to help ourselves, but meds are so helpful in helping us lead a functional life. I hope you can get to a dr to get the attention you need. HUGS

04/30/2012 10:11 AM
SweetJulie62
SweetJulie62  

Thanks for your support! I need all of you.

07/13/2013 06:36 PM
animalhero
animalhero  

I have this in both elbows.. one elbow much worse than the other.

The shots didn't work less than 3 days..

I went through Physical therapy too..

And that didn't work either.

I'm on 800mg Ibuprofen 3 times a day..

until my stomach gets tired of it I guess. I think it's related to my Lyme's disease..

Post edited by: animalhero, at: 07/14/2013 06:24 AM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved