MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/11/2012 06:05 PM

prickly, stinging, burning skin

mollymawmaw
mollymawmaw  

Hello everyone,

Has anyone ever had this condition? It drives me nuts..lol..It's on my arms, neck, face , scalp, legs, stomach, back...Now I'm experiencing nausea (new symptom for me)..I am blessed as to not have alot of pain as I see most of you do every day...I have been flare free at times for months, but my fibro is considered mild..It seems like it's getting worse as years go by though...thanksSmile

04/11/2012 06:39 PM
bc1028
bc1028  

Hi Molly, I am Barbara. I have not been on here for quite a while but saw your post and wanted to chime in to you. I get that feeling and it is miserable. Sometimes at night, it is hard for me to sleep with it. I have found that if anyone touches my foot just before I go to sleep it is especially bad in that leg, strange but this whole fibro stuff is strange. I also get that awful buring skin, it feels like I am sunburned although I will not be. Hope you feel better soon.

04/11/2012 06:54 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

Molly,

Welcome to the fibro group. I also get the burning skin sensation, and even my clothes rubbing on my skin hurts. This is a present from the fibro fairy. I'm not sure why, but yes, Barbara..it is like a sunburn. It usually affects my shoulders, back and arms the worst, but it can be all over. The nausea I can't speak of, because I don't have alot of that. Once in awhile, but I think mine has to do with other things.

I am so glad to hear that you do not have the severe pain. There are little things that will affect you other than the pain, and this may be one of them. I do hope that this is not progressing rapidly for you. Are you currently on any meds? Just wondering if you are using any treatment for your fibro. Would love to get to know you better...Welcome to the fibro family! HUGS

04/11/2012 07:02 PM
Moiaddy
Moiaddy  

I have that.....face, neck, back, torso, legs, feet....at its best it really feels like a sunburn, at its worst feeling....it feels like I rolled in nettles....so yeah...we know whatcha feeling.

Welcome to the forum...glad you found it....sorry you had to....

04/11/2012 07:03 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

That burning "got to move" sensation in the legs... the crawly skin feeling... may be Restless Leg Syndrome. Elsewhere on the body, may just be Fibro. Also the burning, stinging in the feet may be peripheral neuropathy. You should see the doc and get it checked out. RLS can be treated (I've got severe RLS), and peripheral neuropathy can be treated, but if the cause is ongoing (like diabetes) then finding the underlying cause, may prevent further damage.

I'd say a doc visit is in order.

04/12/2012 08:20 PM
mollymawmaw
mollymawmaw  

ty everyone,

right now im on cymbalta 60 mg, i tried savella, lyrica, cant take either one due to severe side effects, but when it gets bad i take tramadol-mild ..vicodin-severe pain...i try to handle it without anything but its so hard...my husband is so supportive...i am also insulin dependant diabetic..my feet dont seem bother me at all, its just this stupid burning,prickly sensation ..like I told my dr., feels like Ive been rolled in fiberglass..lol..i only have small hot spots (thats what I call them) to where it hurts to touch,usually its just nerve racking scratchy.

04/12/2012 09:40 PM
Gotohim4
Gotohim4  

I TAKE 60MG OF CYMBALTA TWICE A DAY (ONLY HELPS MAINTAIN MY FRUSTRATION OF LIVING WITH PAIN, DOES NOTHING FOR MY NERVE OR MUSCLE PAIN), LYRICA, TRIED IT AND NO DIFFERENCE WAS MADE. TRAMADOL IS A VERY MILD PAIN RELIEVER (DOCTORS CALL IT EXPENSIVE TYLENOL) I TAKE ONE 15MG OF OXYCOTIN A DAY AND THREE 7.5MG OF PERCOCETS FOR BREAK-THROUGH PAIN. I USED TO BE ON 80MG OF OXY A DAY AND 10MG OF PERCS 5 TIMES A DAY!!!!! IT ONLY MAKES YOU WORSE, TAKE IT FROM ME, I'VE HAD FM FOR OVER 7 YEARS AND RESEARCHED AND TRIED IT ALL -- I THINK?? I'M NOW INTO MORE HERBAL SUPPLEMENTS, TAI CHI, AND OILS FOR PAIN AND STIFFNESS. THE OILS ARE SOOOOOOOOOO WORTH INVESTING INTO!!!!! THEY WORK!!!!

^^^^^^MY STORY ABOVE^^^^^

I'D LIKE TO HELP YOU WITH YOUR PAIN AND FRUSTRATION, TELL ME WHAT YOUR SYMPTOMS ARE AND I MIGHT BE ABLE TO SUGGEST SOME HOME REMEMEDIES OR RX MEDS. OR JUST BE A FRIEND TO CHIT CHAT WITH ;P

04/13/2012 09:07 AM
mollymawmaw
mollymawmaw  

ty so much for offering to help...well my symptoms are so crazy as you know lol...short term fatigue spells lasting for minutes at a time(usually my arms)whenever i use them when Im in that kinda flare,sensitive skin all the time,shoulder, neck, back spasms,neck pain, soreness everywhere especially outer sides of hips and lower back,nausea,bouts of rapid heart rate,fibro fog,feels like you have flu at times,wake up 20 x a night,etc. lol...these are my main symptoms I deal with alot...any advice would be appreciated...i guess im still in denial with this diagnosis, cause i keep asking everybody who has this, if they have ever felt that before lol...I know they get tired of me asking ...but its helping me to accept it i guess..I just dont have the extreme pain you all seem to have, I feel so sorry for yall having to deal with that..

04/13/2012 09:15 AM
mollymawmaw
mollymawmaw  

oh yeah, lol my feet stay so cold...cant get em warm is that a symptom? see told ya, here I go asking again lol

04/13/2012 09:37 AM
mem1318

MawMaw, has Dr by any chance check you for polymyalgia. I can not tell you much about it yet. I will be seeing a new Rheumy next month for this. But yes most of the things you are feeling are said to be Fibro and some are Poly. Makes you wonder why they can not fix it. You will find that something different happen everyday if not ever other. It is so funny how all of us is having the same thing to happen at one time or the other. Wishing you the best. Do what you can and what you can not do leave it along. But you will master how to handle whatever it is as the days go by.

welcome6 5198819a11c859a89dd0fd13661294a8 dfc762db6f94ea050278367f53ea13d8

Jump on in you could enlighten us to something we don't know. We have wonderful GL's and Members. One big old house with pain all around. I have to admit that we do have good days. But here lately seems like everyone good days are hinding. Blessing.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved