MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/08/2012 07:28 PM

I have a question

mem1318

My hand goes dead when I'm just sitting. They feel numb and no feeling. I don't know if I'm saying what I'm feeling the right way. Feels like maybe I've stuck them in ice. Been going on about a month now, I've just be dealing with it. I have an appt next week. No I don't I change it to the 25th, due to grand child prom. I've had the carper tunnel test done, all they found was a small % in my right wrist. What could it possible be?

04/08/2012 07:32 PM
mem6526

I have that all the time in both hands. I have severe Carpal Tunnel in both hands and wrists. It is possible it could be that or something else. Ask the Doctor to test you again. Also try to wear wrist splints. It helps to keep the wrist straight.

04/08/2012 07:36 PM
mem6526

Also it could be something circulatory too. Do you have high blood pressure?

Do you have Diabetes?

Post edited by: angelonearth, at: 04/08/2012 07:36 PM

04/08/2012 07:38 PM
DanaW
DanaW  

this started with me about a month ago too...mainly the left hand, down my arm and my last three fingers..doc says it's a blown disk in my neck

04/08/2012 07:41 PM
mem6526

Dana, You are right..I also have a pinched nerve in my neck and I get that too down my left arm and my hand goes numb. It sucks! Unsure

04/08/2012 08:01 PM
mem1318

No I'm not a dieabtcal. B/P norm is 90/60/ It did get higher when I was stressing myself out. But above all it drops more then out of range. I've been put on the BP meds but also when it starts to drop I'm taken off which is only 5mg. I have been on BP meds for about 5 months DR orders. I try not to complain that is why the the crazy women. It feels like I slept on them and I'm sitting there doing nothing.

04/08/2012 08:06 PM
mem6526

You are allowed to complain!! You are not crazy! I know what you are trying to say...is it like when your foot falls asleep but it is your hand? Blink

04/08/2012 08:10 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

RW,

I have that all the time...It starts in my last 3 fingers, and usually by then, I have to shake the blood back to them. I also do not have carpul tunnel, but I don't know what causes it, or what to do about it. Ask your dr and let me know, K? HUGS

04/08/2012 08:25 PM
mem1318

Angel, for me not complaining get me through it. Yes I hurt but found for me after going through this Fibro and other medical issues. I try to overlook. I use to cry,lay around but I had to get over it. I can believe it is hard on other that have children's to care for, and some that pain is so hard that it makes them miserable. But I have been going through this awhile and have learned to live with it. Some can not handle pain. I think I can a little better then Some. Music comfort me so I listen to often, and being here in this house. But I will ask DR which want be for about two weeks. So until them I guss I have to shack them to get some feeling. Thanks

04/08/2012 08:27 PM
mem6526

RW,

I am good at complaining....LOL Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved