MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/01/2012 08:19 PM

Soo, catfight and silence

ushie

Still not talking much, soft foods, weird jaw--weirdness. It's like I can feel something that isn't there. However, I did manage to cuss loudly when--my 2 stupid boy cats decided to have a REAL fight. Really bad, tufts of fur flying everywhere, really scratching and drawing blood. I rushed at them, flapping my bathrobe like a madwoman, which had the effect of causing one of them to run under the bed. The other looked like he was about to follow, to continue the fight, so I grabbed at him; as anyone who ever owned a cat knows, BIG mistake. He was so wound up that he drove his teeth into the back of my hand and his claws into my fingers and wrist. OW does not cover it. Then he had a moment of clarity and let go, dropping off of my bloody hand.

Ow. OW. I poured alcohol over the bite, as cat mouths are filthy, and over the clawmarks, which were deep. I probably looked like Lady MacBeth trying to wash the blood off and staunch the wounds, which I managed to use an entire box of bandaids on and gauze and tape. Little Bitey cat was very sorry and kept rubbing on me and being apologetic. They've been slightly hostile today but under control.

Oh, and OW as the pain keeps resounding around in my hand...I'm physically kinda wiped out ATM...

04/01/2012 08:22 PM
mem6526

cat 83c47df3e566dc6476104727693d5240

YIKES! Hope that you will be okay! Unsure

04/01/2012 09:30 PM
Moiaddy
Moiaddy  

Oh wow....keep an eye on those wounds...I'm sorry your going through so much right now....know that we are here for you and I'm sending you healing energy....

Gentle hugs...

04/01/2012 09:53 PM
ushie

HI, it's not a heap of trouble in the scheme of things, and people here have it much worse, but OW!!! Stupid kitties, if they weren't so cute I'd pbe prett mad at them...

04/01/2012 10:18 PM
gerinaz

I totally agree with moiaddy, you really need to keep an eye on those wounds. until just recently I didn't know the real meaning of "catch scratch fever". it can be an awful bacterial infection. a friend vet of mine had it once and it was miserable. maybe see a doc. darned cats!!!

04/01/2012 10:29 PM
DanaW
DanaW  

I agree with gerinaz...cats can give you a real infection...dogs can too. There for awhile, when my girls were fighting weekly, my poor doc stitched up several dog bites and I had to take some special antibiotics so that infection didn't get into my joints! Give your doc a call and ask about it at least! And don't forget to soak in peroxide!

04/02/2012 06:10 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

You are right. Cat's mouth's are nasty. I'm glad you thought to clean it well! Wonder why they were fighting? I used to throw a bath towel over top of them when they'd get to doing that. To save my arms. Hopefully they won't be fighting anymore any time soon.

Hope that jaw gets better too. Sounds like you've got something going on there.

04/02/2012 08:50 PM
ushie

I got a tetanus shot today for the cat bite. They are behaving very nicely today. Of course, they're asleep...

04/02/2012 08:58 PM
DanaW
DanaW  

lol, of course, they are sleeping...while mom goes and gets a shot! Mine children are all sleeping now after getting into my yarn and tangling it all up!

04/03/2012 07:05 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

How's the jaw doing?

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved