MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/31/2012 07:14 PM

problem talking?(page 3)

chipper1

I constantly have jaw pain, and have TMJ. A few years ago it got so bad that I couldn't eat, was hard to talk, and I was miserable. My dentist prescribed 800mg Ibuprofen and heat. That seemed to make it better. It took about three weeks to get over it. I have had it several times since then, but it didn't last nearly as long.

03/31/2012 11:48 PM
DanaW
DanaW  

I used to grind my teeth so bad that I gave myself ear infections..this was waaaay back in junior high. My dentist did this thing where he used red ink sheets and marked where my teeth connected and rubbed, then he filed those places down...stopped the problems immediately! I can try all day to grind my teeth but those spots dont even touch. I've never heard of this procedure since...

04/01/2012 07:30 AM
chipper1

I think they would have to remove my teeth completely to get me to quit clenching them. I don't grind, I just clench - constantly. I try to stop, but I do this even in my sleep. I do have a mouth guard, but I just clench with it in and still have jaw pain!

04/01/2012 08:19 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

orma didnt know that good advice.. okay this sounds like lock jaw.tentnouse comes to mind,rusty nail in the past?

I have had my jaw get stuck and due that horrible popping..this really needs to be found out..does heat over your jaw help? so sorry prayers,and keep us informed

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 3 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved