MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/28/2012 08:47 AM

Crohn's disease and fibro

cindychap
cindychap  

Hi all!

I know I have not been very active on here the last few months, but this new job has been super demanding on top of my school studies. I am even having to bring work home with me and work in the evening, which stinks when you are on salary pay and do not get the overtime pay.

I have been having some problems with my stomach that have sent me to the ER twice in a 2 week period. I then was sent to a gastroenterologist who did a colonoscopy and took biopsies. I asked if he biopsied polyps and he said no that there were just some areas of inflammation. My biopsy results finally came in and he said the ileum biopsy showed what is possibly Crohn's related. I went to a new pain management doc last week (thank goodness for this). He is so much easier to get along with than my rheumy here in Georgia. My pain doc said everything could be interrelated with my fibro and my pituitary gland condition. I started researching it and found out that Crohn's can be related to fibro.

Does anyone else deal with crohn's disease, or if not does anyone know if it being related to the fibro is fact or fiction??

03/28/2012 04:50 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

Not sure about Crohns... but I know Fibro and Irritable Bowel Syndrome go hand-in-hand, so Crohn's, I wouldn't think, would be that much of a stretch.

I have IBS, but not Crohns.

03/28/2012 06:24 PM
cindychap
cindychap  

I have had IBS for a while as well, so when I was having my stomach issues the gastro said it could just be part of it, but I told him I know IBS pain and that was not it. I actually talked to my rheumy after I posted the first post. I called him to see if he wanted a copy of the notes and test results from my gastro if they were related. He said they are not, so I am assuming what the pain management doc meant was that it may be related to the pituitary condition. It is crazy how that little pea-sized gland can control everything in your body.

I go see the gastro tomorrow. I am assuming he will want to do more tests, but I'm not sure what else there is to do test wise. I had another bad attach today in my stomach. He gave me these pills that you dissolve under your tongue if they come on, but they have not seemed to be working. I am slammed at work, on top of needing to get my homework for school in and do 2 weeks' worth of homework this week because I am flying home next week for Easter and do not want to worry about doing it while I am with my family. I hope there is something that can be done.

03/28/2012 07:03 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

I don't have Crohn's but looked for some info for you. It's in the links.

http://www.fibromyalgia-symptoms.org/ fibromyalgia_crohns.html

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10332985

http://www.ccfacommunity.org/Default.aspx

Hope this helps somewhat!

03/30/2012 09:14 AM
cindychap
cindychap  

Thank you so much! I will have to check these websites out.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved