My good deed(page 2)

hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

Sounds neat!

03/25/2012 09:01 PM
gulfcrest
gulfcrest  

That's awesome. This would be the third time today God has sent to me about helping others, so I guess I better figure out what it is he wants me to do before he hits me over the head with it. I'm pretty hard headed, so that's what it takes sometimes, lol. I think it' terrific that you have a giving spirit.

03/25/2012 09:17 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

That is so awesome! I would love to find something to do to give to and help people or animals.. I don't sew, or really much of anything..I'm as creative as a rock! LOL..Very excited for both of you. Gives you something to do, and also helping someone. You both rock!! HUGS

PS. Bananers, what exactly is Project Linus?

03/26/2012 05:19 AM
Montag
Montag  

Mo thats Wonderful!!

thats definitley a win- win deed indeed !

03/28/2012 05:08 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

from www.projectlinus.org:

As Charles Schulz's Linus character from the PEANUTS® comic strip was comforted by his blanket, Project Linus strives to do the same and more for children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need. The blankets our nearly 400 chapter coordinators collect from thousands of “blanketeers” (volunteers) across the United States and then distributed to these children provide love, a sense of security, warmth, and comfort.

The blankets are made by volunteers and can be one of three sizes, newborn, crib, twin, and made of crochet, knit, fleece, or quilt. You should take a look at the website, there's a lot of very touching stories there.

As to my own project... the dog fur has arrived! The downside is that the staple (the length of each fiber) is very short, about an inch, and I'm not 100% sure how to spin it. Never worked with anything this short before. I may mix in just a tiny bit of regular wool (which is 3-5 inches) to make it easier to handle.

Post edited by: MoiraWolf, at: 03/28/2012 05:09 PM

03/28/2012 05:32 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

Moira,

That is so awesome! Thanks for explaining it, what a great cause.

03/28/2012 06:20 PM
maryandjimmie
maryandjimmie  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I love this idea I use to make quilts and sew all the time but havent done it in a long time makes me want to start sewing again. I think its great you are doing this.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved