MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/21/2012 12:22 PM

Dealing with something new

Gramma815

Well, this is new. I'm waking up each morning mad the second I open my eyes. I'm having weird dreams, but not nightmares, but this has gone on for several days. I'm not sure what to do anymore. I furious about everything. I've not lashed out at anyone, but I don't know what to do. I've not started any new meds. No change in routine. Is this fibro? Have I gone psychotic?

03/21/2012 12:34 PM
Raoul
RaoulPosts: 4009
VIP Member

Hi Gramma

I doubt you are psychotic.

You would not be asking if you were.

I suspect something is upsetting you = a lot - even mor than yourealise.

I have been angry on occasion.

I strongly suggest you do a few things -

1. contact your doctor and get some either xanax or some klonopin to help you over this - ask the doctor which he thinks might be best for you.

2. Try very hard to write down everything in the entire world that has or is bothering you in any way

3. Try to view everything and everyone wih as much love for them as you absolutely can - it can help.

hugs, Raoul

03/21/2012 01:22 PM
Gramma815

Thank you. Fortunately, for me, I don't lash out at people, but I did feel bad enough yesterday for my husband, I made him some brownies. But, right now, I am furious at everything and everyone around me.

03/21/2012 01:54 PM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

I agree with raoul ... let us know what the doc says .. hang in there you are not crazy Smile

03/21/2012 02:58 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

Anger and irrability can be signs of depression. I'm not saying that's what it is. It could be some other things as well. Anxiety, hormones, etc. Best bet is to contact your doc.

03/21/2012 03:04 PM
Gramma815

Thanks, hatbox! I thought my depression meds were working, but maybe there just been too much going on lately. Doc's office is closed today. Of course.

Hugs

03/21/2012 03:06 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

You can get used to any medication including antiDs. It might be time for a switch. Or maybe they have some other ideas. Like Raoul said you can try some temp anxiety meds to see if those help too. Good luck!

03/21/2012 03:53 PM
ushie

Hi, it could well be there's something you haven't consciously thought of that you are mad about. Happens to me sometimes. And a dream is kicking the subconscious up. Can you journal first thing in the AM?

03/23/2012 08:44 PM
faieriemama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Gramma it's good to know that I'm not the only one who has felt like this. I used to wake up almost every day angry at everything, I mean everything and everyone.I am on antidepressants also and didn't think to talk to my doc about it. I just waited for the feeling to go away, I got over being angry all the time,now I cry at just about anything instead. I don't have any answers for you honey, I wish I did I guess maybe talking to a doc is a good suggestion like Amy said. Hugs and Love

03/23/2012 08:47 PM
FibroCFS
FibroCFS  

This is me and one of the reasons I started back up with a psychologist. Mad at the world as soon as I get up. And I lashed out at people a couple of times. Every time I see him I feel better for a few days but it starts back up again. I had been crying every morning too. That is helped each time I see him also but is starts up again before my next appointment. So we are working on how to diffuse this.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved