MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/20/2012 09:23 PM

NEED HELP ASAP

runningwolf1
runningwolf1  

I have a friend who is taking care of someone with Fibro and she wanted me to ask if there were any recipes that she could make this person so that they didn't have any flare ups. So I was wondering if anyone knew of any?

03/20/2012 09:42 PM
mem6526

RECIPES? Unsure Unsure Unsure Unsure Unsure Unsure Blink

03/20/2012 10:37 PM
runningwolf1
runningwolf1  

Yes. I don't need to know because I just eat everything in site lol but I guess this person is eating things that cause a flare up. I dont know lol my friend asked me so I thought I would come here. I personally have not heard of any "special" recipes.Blink

03/20/2012 10:46 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

no special recipes that I know of. I do know that some people with Fibro also have Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and different things can cause that to flare. For example, I drink a diet drink with nutrasweet sweetner, and I'm going to have diarrhea. People with Fibro often have other conditions along with it. To my knowledge there's no "special" fibro diet or recipes. Although this person may have food sensitivities, food allergies, and the like that might cause anything from IBS to act up, to migraines.

Best suggestion is to ask the Fibro patient if she has any food sensitivities or anything she absolutely can't eat, or if that's not possible, ask her former caregiver.

03/20/2012 10:48 PM
GG15112

i have fibro and chronic fatigue and i try to eat more vegetable and fruits and protein; much less simple carbs which are basically mostly white flour, refined sugars, etc... less soft drinks and lots of natural green tea help me; but with me it is mostly stress that causes really bad flares

03/20/2012 10:52 PM
runningwolf1
runningwolf1  

Yeah I just went to webmd.com and found a link for her and here it is if anyone else would like to see it Smile

http://www.webmd.com/fibromyalgia/guide/fibromyalgia-the- diet-connection

03/20/2012 10:58 PM
mem6526

GG15112,

Welcome! Smile

03/21/2012 04:45 PM
oroman
oroman  

As per Dr. Oz, some foods to avoid are - Wheat, dairy and nuts.

I personally can not have alcohol or artificial sweeteners.

Olga

03/21/2012 04:51 PM
oroman
oroman  

Runningwolf, the site you recommended is very helpful. Thanks.

Olga

03/21/2012 07:05 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

Thanks for the information.

Welcome to the group GG15112. Glad that you found us, and decided to join. We are always glad to have new members. We'd love to hear a little about you, so maybe we can help you in some way. Just to let you know, we help, support, listen and understand. We also like to laugh and enjoy some good old fun once in awhile. Jump in as you feel comfortable, and we are glad you joined our fibro family!!! HUGS

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved