MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/10/2012 10:10 PM

Horriable day...

Superemt79

Seems like a lot of people I thought were my friends are not. About 6 of my friends told me that I'm to lazy and never want to do anything anymore and I told them about fibro and now they just claim it's all in my head. I just want to sleep in my bed all day. My boyfriend trys to defend me and tell them that I'm not crazy but no matter how much he sticks up for me I still feel lonely. I miss my friends and I wish I had the engry and the strentgh to go out. I just want one day with no pain one day to be happy.

03/10/2012 10:18 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

*gentle hugs* I hate to sound like a cliche, but "Those who matter don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."

That's why you went looking and why you came here. Between moving, loosing my job, and Fibro, I only have very few friends, and 99.9% of those I only see online or occassionally talk to on the phone. I don't have any friends anymore who come over to visit. Which is exactly why I came here.

I'm so sorry that your friends don't get it. And so glad that you have the boyfriend who does.

03/10/2012 11:11 PM
ushie

Hi, sorry you're having a bad time. They are NOT your friends. They're jerks. Forget them.

03/11/2012 11:45 AM
girlfriend
girlfriend  
VIP Member

This seems to be the illness that shows us who our friends really are..... we've all experience the same thing.... but on the happy note, you will meet some real friends!

03/11/2012 11:48 AM
mem6526

Someone called me today several times and I finally answered the phone. I really did not feel like talking. I am in pain and I am crabby and just so irritable. So I tried to tell them in a nice way that I just did not feel like talking.Then they proceeded to totally ignore me and ask if they could come over.

I told them once again that I did not feel well and that I was in a lot of pain and that I had a headache today and just wanted to rest. So they once again proceeded to say that they wanted to come over and just say hello and that they would not stay long. So I finally said to them "Are you going to keep asking me the same question until you hear what you want to hear?"

I said..."Why can't you just accept my answer?" Then they got kinda defensive. So I said that I needed to go and I hung up. My point is that why don't people understand that we are in pain and just want to at times be left alone? I seriously don't think that anyone understands how we feel unless they are going thru it themselves. Sorry for the rant but I just needed someone to understand how I felt today. Thanks! Smile

03/11/2012 11:54 AM
livewithhope
livewithhope  

Super...the others are so right that this illness really shows who your friends are. The other so-called "friends" will only cause you stress, and you don't need that in your life.

You're in just the right spot to make real friends who understand and care about you.

03/11/2012 11:56 AM
mem6526

Superemt79,

Hang in there. We understand. You are not alone. Wink

0hugsssssssssss

03/13/2012 10:21 PM
faieriemama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Super, sorry I didn't see this until today honey. Real friends would understand that you have good days and bad days so they must not be real friends. I have one offline friend and she's usually pretty understanding, sometimes she gets selfish, but then so do I. lol My point honey is you deserve respect from your friends and if they can't give you any they're not your friends. Hugs and Love.

03/14/2012 09:21 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

I agree. You will lose a lot of "friends". However, the way I see it they weren't really friends to begin with. Those who truly care will stick with you no matter what. That being said, it doesn't take away the hurt and anger you feel at not being able to do the "normal" things others do. I'm really sorry for that and I hope that you do get to feeling better. See, I haven't really gone through this as I've always been in pain, etc. So my friends growing up are still my friends now(other than the normal growing apart stuff) and they stick with me because I've always been ill. I have lost friends over other things though and I do know it hurts.

03/14/2012 01:18 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

Super,

I'm sorry you were threated this way. It is so hard when people that you care about act so stupid. They say you are lazy and it's all in your head...Those are the kind of ppl that you don't want in your life anyway. If the shoe was on the other foot, would you just blow off a friend because of an illness? I think not. I can't speak for others, but I think this is usually what happens, and ppl lose friends very quickly and hurtfully because of this illness. Friends are only interested when you can get up and go places and do things. Real friends will come over and sit with you, or help you by vacuuming for you, or just hanging out and watching a movie. I don't have any real friends...It's ok though...I'd rather have none than selfish friends. HUGS

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved