MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/08/2012 08:42 PM

Good News.... I think!

MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

We are living in a motel. We've been in a motel for almost 3 months now. We have enough money to pay rent, or security deposits, but not both. But, we filed for our tax refund this week, and if they don't hold it for my husband's old student loans, then we should get it next week.

I may have found us a place to live. It's a double wide mobile home on land out in the country. Near enough to town that snow plowing shouldn't be a problem (this IS Wyoming), far enough out to be on a well and septic (like well water better than nasty tasting city water). It's got a deck, a garden spot, they'll let us have up to 2 dogs (yay! I can get another chihuahua, I soooo miss my little Paco!) and they might let us have chickens!

When I first called tonight, the lady (who's 75 and lives next door with her husband) said why couldn't I have called earlier? That it's been listed in the paper for over a month and they just agreed to rent to another couple, pending their credit report. I told her we had lousy credit but we'd disclose all that. She and I talked for half an hour! lol... She said even if we didn't get it, she'd want me to come by and visit anyway, it sounded like we'd hit it off really well.

After we hung up, about 20 minutes goes by and she calls me back and says the call she was waiting on (and that we had to hang up earlier for so she could make the other one) was the credit report and this other couple had lied and not disclosed some things on their credit report and so she wasn't going to rent to them, could we come by tomorrow?

OMG the place sounds like our dream home. So long as the roof's not falling in or something like that, we've found a place to live, with reasonable rent, far enough out we'd be in the country, close enough to town to make shopping and doctor's visits easy. The rent is reasonable, and even if our tax refund is held by the IRS for his student loans, she's still willing for us to pay out the deposits, we don't have to have it all up front!

Cross your fingers, toes, arms, legs and eyes, say a prayer, light a candle, whatever you do, that this works out and is as good as it sounds. I'm sick of living in a one room motel!

03/08/2012 08:47 PM
hedap

MW,

Everything's crosed and then some. You're in my prayers tonight!

hugs, heather

03/08/2012 08:51 PM
maryandjimmie
maryandjimmie  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

MW,

I been where you are at I have my fingers, toes and eyes crossed boy do I look silly lol you are in my prayers please keep us posted.

Mary

03/08/2012 08:51 PM
shadowlife

That sounds so awesome, fingers crossed for you!

03/08/2012 08:58 PM
LilyRose4
LilyRose4  

Oh, that sounds so wonderful! I hope it all works out and you get out of the hotel and you can get a dog again. Pet therapy is the best and they so appreciate having a home. Chihuahuas are adorable! They are like kitten size doggies LOL.

03/08/2012 09:07 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

I had a wonderful little chihuahua for 3 years, Paco. He was my constant companion. Would root under the covers and sleep curled up right behind my knees. Unfortunately he had heart worms from the people we rescued him from and he was always too weak for us to have him treated for them, and he passed away from congestive heart failure last November. He was only 4. God, I miss that little guy. When I was in a panic attack or depressed, he would whine and crawl up in my lap and lick my tears til I stopped, as if to tell me it was ok, he was there for me.

We moved up here to Cheyenne cause my husband got a job. We stayed in a motel while he interviewed and waited to find out if he got it, then we moved into a townhouse in Fort Collins. But we were going to be late with rent one month by just 2 weeks (car trouble) and told them when we'd pay the rent. Just 7 days late and they filed to evict us. We were evicted 3 days after christmas. So we've been in another motel since then. And I'm sick of it. Found out a month ago that not only do I have Fibro, I'm diabetic and I can't eat right because of the inability to cook (we do have hot plate but we're still limited). This is going to be a godsend if it works out!

Post edited by: MoiraWolf, at: 03/08/2012 09:37 PM

03/08/2012 09:27 PM
Superemt79

congrats Smile that sounds so awesome! i'm crossing all my fingers and toes and whatever else i can cross for you Smile

03/08/2012 10:40 PM
faieriemama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Oh Mo that is such wonderful news, I really hope it all works out for you, I have everything crossed that I can and am praying for you. Please let us know as soon as you can when you'll be moving.

03/08/2012 10:59 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

We're going to visit with her on Friday. She wants to run a credit check, and I told her our credit's horrible. Hubby got laid off last year and we lost our house in Texas. But he's working again, so hopefully, THAT won't happen again. I'll be up front with her and tell her everything. That way, unlike these last people, she won't deny us because we didn't disclose everything on our credit report. So, we get to look at it tomorrow, and we'll know if she's going to let us rent it sometime early next week, I guess.

03/09/2012 04:42 AM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

that is fantastic!!! good for you!! things always work out Smile hugs and love!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved