MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/03/2012 10:23 AM

Honestly, I'm just tired of this.

phsmom

To start with some happy news, my 9 mo old daughter stood up all by herself for 10 seconds for the first time ever today! Hooray Anna! Such a big girl! And I took my other daughter to an open house at a Kindergarten last night..how is that possibe?! She was just born, it feels like! Anyway, now to vent again! I am seriously considering stopping Cymbalta.. I've tried it for a month, but it doesn't seem to be helping, and these muscle spasms and twitches are driving me crazy..and the headaches daily are wearing me out. I was taking these tricyclic antidepressants before that, and they did help my body feel somewhat better, but my eyes were getting so dry that i was seeing double, and eye drops did nothing..and my eye dr said my eyes were fine.. I just wish there was something I could do that would help me at least feel functional most of the time without side effects that are awful. Sometimes I'm not sure what's worse...being in pain from the Fibro, or being spacey and having side effects from the meds! Honestly, I used to think about taking my girls to Disneyland one day and how much fun that would be, and now I always add to that thought, "But I hope my body is functional enough to do it!" The thought of all that walking, having to take breaks, not fully enjoying it, ugh! It drives me nuts! I'm 33, not 93! I am seeing a new rheumatologist on the 12th, maybe she can give me some ideas. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

03/03/2012 10:54 AM
Montag
Montag  

Yay for Anna & mom!

I`ve never taken Cymbalta, but it doesn`t sound like its helping you.

Only you`ll know whats helpful to you..good luck with your new doc..!

I just went thru a "First" appt wth my new R.

I take Effexor 75 mgs x 3 in the am. I was told by my rheumy Effexor works much like any of the new meds. i was thrilled b/c Effexor is nasty to come off of.

take care of you.

03/03/2012 11:17 AM
girlfriend
girlfriend  
VIP Member

I did not like the side of effects of cymbalta.... like a walking zombie.... your new doc should be able to help you find something that works...

congrats on the walking babySmile they are so adorable when they are that age!

03/03/2012 11:48 AM
Moiaddy
Moiaddy  

Congrats Anna!

Cymbalta worked for me but I got diagnosed with glaucoma so I had to get off of it...still trying to find the right mix....

Good luck...

03/03/2012 03:32 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

When you go to Disneyland (or world) get a motorized wheelchair. I'm pretty sure you can rent one there, sort of like those hoverounds. I knew a guy who's wife was diagnosed with MS and they went to take their kids. She had to have one of those chairs to get around, but they LOVED it, said that they got to cut to the head of every line for every ride instead of waiting an hour or more. And it helped her not get so worn out that she couldn't enjoy it, and the memories they had of that wonderful vacation helped her get over some of the bad days she had later.

03/03/2012 04:04 PM
LilyRose4
LilyRose4  

Yes, take MoiraWolf's suggestion. This is what I did before I left CA, I had a season pass to Disneyland. I would rent the cart (if I remember correctly it was $50.00 plus a $20 deposit you get back-before) Pricey, but then I could still afford it and totally worth it. You do get to skip ahead in line on a lot of the rides but not all of them and you can take people who are in your group with you. You don't need a handicap sign or proof of disability it is sort of an on your honor system (although I did have paperwork with me just in case). They give you a Disneyland handicap card so you can enter through the handicap area onto the rides. It was so great zipping around on that thing, I was able to feel half human again (I too am in my 30s and feel in my 90s). I also did this at Dollywood when I was living in NC. Hope you can make it to Disneyland with your daughters and have a great time.

03/03/2012 05:00 PM
starkeeper

When I go to Disneyland we go and rent a collapsible scooter as it's cheaper then renting one at Disneyland. You then go to Customer Service there and get a front of the line pass meaning up to 6 people including yourself get to go to the front of the line for every ride. It really is worth going, just bring a friend to push the stroller. Depending on where you are located I recommend Sherman Oaks medical for renting chairs as they have been great with me. Mostly because I got my specialty wheelchair through them and my motorized scooter. Anyways, Enjoy Disneyland and I really hope you feel better soon!

03/03/2012 06:57 PM
hedap

phsmom,

Disney is so much fun, I hope you find a way to manage. My husband loves it more than my kids ever did. Congrats on little one walking. Having fibro with young ones must be very difficult for you. Young kids don't really understand Mommy needs a nap. lol.

hugs, heather

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved