MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/02/2012 02:49 PM

Tushie pain

MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

In the last weeks, I've had a lot of pain in my tush. While I've had problems with my hips (I have degenerative joint disease), I've never had problems with my butt before.

It feels like I've been sitting on a board bench for a couple hours after only 10 minutes or so of sitting in a regular chair with springs. It's not an inch or two of foam on a board like a hard kitchen chair, it's a regular side chair.

Honestly, it feels like I'm getting pressure sores or something like that. But I shift from side to side, get up, I'm not chairbound. But this pain in my butt is getting worse and worse. I don't know if it's Fibro or something else.

Does anyone else have issues with sitting and their butt? It's like I'm sitting on nails!

03/02/2012 02:52 PM
FibroCFS
FibroCFS  

Yup, it is Fibro. I have it all the time and then of course at times it hurts a whole lot more for no good reason.

Post edited by: FibroCFS, at: 03/02/2012 02:53 PM

03/02/2012 02:55 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

Yes, oh yes...the wonderful butt pain. To me it feels like I am sitting on golf balls. It really hurts, kinda feels like you were doing some serious butt exercises and now the muscles are angry at you, although you didn't do any butt exercises. Believe me, I have enough padding that sitting on anything should not hurt, but this sure does. Having a bout of it today as a matter of fact. Sorry you are dealing with that too. HUGS

03/02/2012 03:45 PM
mem1318

OH MY do I know what you are talking about. Not only do I know about the butt pain, the pain that hit across the pelvis. GEE WHIZ. At this time the pain that started in the butt is now vibrating in both legs. I don't know if alot of it is because of the weather or what but yep it happens.

my butt hurts

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

03/02/2012 03:58 PM
katiebear

Yes, it is a true PITA! I hate meetings at school, the chairs are so hard. My butt hurts all the time. I've found that sitting on a heating pad helps. I've also tried stretching, but that doesn't seem to work. I hope you have some relief soon.

03/02/2012 04:30 PM
ushie

Wait until it rols into your groin...that's so special...

03/02/2012 04:35 PM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

priformuos muscel ( Im not sure of the spelling but if you press just below your hip in the fatty part and it hurt like a deep bruise it is that muscel..two things that can help..take a belt and put low in the middle butt area and thighten it..looks stupid but can help.I was given a velcro one at pt one time and it really did help..

also if you have a hand massager(not spouce it will only lead to trouble,lol)and of course heat..

03/02/2012 05:06 PM
livewithhope
livewithhope  

Yes, I've got it, too....good ole fibro!

03/02/2012 05:35 PM
mem1318

That's trouble I kinda like Broken.YA!!!!Grin I had a different smiley face there but it just was not the one to post there.Whistling Spousal trouble seem to help me doing that time. But Oh boy the next morning. Nope, not then. The get up and go pee time is not a good feeling at all. I'm grunting and taking penguin steps. All I can do is:

image027109 image027109

03/02/2012 05:38 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

Well, in a way I'm glad to know what it is... and in another way, I really wish I didn't have it. I don't have a heating pad, so that's out. I'm too fat to find getting into and out of a bathtub is very easy so that's out too. Today I've been laying on my side on the bed and watching TV, trying to stay off it. And sitting on golfballs is a very good description!

Mabri, I too have enough padding, you'd think I wouldn't ever feel hurt in the butt, but man, this is killing me. And while I took some tramadol yesterday for the hip (and it helped) it didn't do much of anything about the tush. I may try maxing out my dosage and see if that helps.

I REALLY wish I had my recliner. But I'm living in a motel room at the moment, so I'm kinda limited on what I can do. =(

And Reality... I know about the grunting every step. I used to work, two decades ago, in a nursing home when I was much younger. It annoyed me how the old folks grunted every breath. Now, I catch myself doing it. And wish I could take back every mean thought I ever thunk back then!!

Post edited by: MoiraWolf, at: 03/02/2012 05:42 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved