MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/27/2012 02:39 PM

Saw my Doc today

DanaW
DanaW  

My primary dr says that FM does not cause any cognitive dysfunction. Oh really? I almost told him to come to this site and compare everyone's notes.

Anyway, he insists that I go to a neuro-psychologist to be checked out for Alzheimers and early onset dementia. He is convince I have Alzheimers...not really fun stuff to hear but I have my fingers crossed that they are way off base.

Dizzy

02/27/2012 02:52 PM
cscwem
cscwem  

Dana,

Sending prayers that your doctor is REALLY off base!!!

Tawnya

02/27/2012 03:25 PM
oroman
oroman  

Please find a doctor that treats patients with Fibro. Usually its a rheumatologist that treats us. I have been seeing mine for over 3 1/2 yrs. Look up doctors in your area and call prior to the visit and ask if the doctor treats fibro. Don't waste your time with a General doctor, a neurologist, etc... who don't recognize fibro.

And read read read all you can regarding this "awful" diagnosis. I struggle with fatigue, yet at night because of pain, can not sleep for very long. I wake up alot because of pain thru out my body. And in the morning and thru out the day I am tired.

Take care. Warm hugs. Olga

02/27/2012 04:36 PM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

I agree with oroman.... and i hope they are dead wrong

02/28/2012 02:44 AM
faieriemama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I agree with oroman and Adewyn see a rheumy or a primary care doc who knows fibro. I pray that they are as far off base as I believe them to be. I have fibro definitive diagnosis and believe me I have cognitive dysfunction even without my meds. Praying for you my dear. Hugs and love

02/28/2012 06:47 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

I have to agree with all that issaid find you a diffrent Doc.I have a hard time thinking a doc would say that what a dumb dumb..

so sorry,please find a doc you can actually trust it is so important

02/28/2012 08:04 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

It's fairly clear on testing if it's pseudodementia or if it's actual dementia. Pain can cause cognative dysfunction.

02/28/2012 08:48 AM
Bananers

Some neuro's do believe in and treat fibro; like mine.

02/28/2012 01:06 PM
powmia

Request for a CT of the brain if that is the diagnosis doc whats to label as.Like what others have said best is Rheum. doc. and yes, ask if they do patients with Fibromyalgia. Save time and money to ask that question first. Look under your state for fibromyalia docs.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved