MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/21/2012 10:36 PM

Help with Fibro symptoms

megaboo

Hi

I am fairly new to the fibromyalgia diagnosis. Sometimes I get these really intense side aches when I am in a flare up. I basically just have to sit or lie down until they pass. I have had my gall bladder removed because it wasn't working properly. I was just wondering if anyone else experienced sharp side pain or if this was just me.

Thanks for any help

02/21/2012 10:48 PM
FibroCFS
FibroCFS  

Welcome,

Yes I get sharp, stabbing, piercing, twisting, burning, etc. in all parts of my body.

Since you mentioned gall bladder are you referring to your rib cage being in pain? We do tend to get inflamed rib cages. It is called Costochondritis and the cartilage is actually inflamed. I went through an extremely bad bout of it about a week ago.

thumbnail

02/22/2012 01:23 AM
Bananers

I have also gotten the pain you described. One time it happened after we had just started our 15 hour drive to IL. Hubby almost turned around and took me to the hospital it was so bad.

02/22/2012 06:40 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

Muscle spasms are common too. That may be some of it.

02/22/2012 07:40 AM
girlfriend
girlfriend  
VIP Member

I get them also and not just limited to torso... sharp shooting pains everywhere.... dont know hwat to tell you for relief.. muscle relaxr helps if its a spasm but otherwise I just ride them out. even the pain meds dont work for these

02/22/2012 08:43 AM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

Megaboo,

welcome to the group! We are so glad you joined us, and i believe you will learn a lot here, as well as get support from the wonderful members here! Feel free to jump in anytime.

I do not get pains like you are describing...I do get some shooting pains in my legs, but can't say anywhere near my torso area. I am a neck, shoulder, back, arms,hands, legs, feet, and butt acher...Lol, well, I guess that narrows it down...Prolly should mention it to your dr next time, just to make sure it isn't anything else. HUGS

Again, welcome to the fibro family!!

03/02/2012 07:13 PM
megaboo

So talk about fibrofog, completely forgot that I posted on here Smile. I have mentioned it to every doctor I have seen and they seem to agree that nothing can really be done about it. I will just have to get used to them I guess : ( . I have been thinking about going on muscle relaxers, I mostly have muscle spasms at night that keep me awake.

I do get sharp pains all over my body as well. I just feel like the pain in my torso, more specifically lower rib cage, are different from the other sharp pains everywhere else.

03/03/2012 03:24 AM
Montag
Montag  

Welcome Megaboo!

i can identify with the fibro fog big time!

LAst week i wrote down a very important phone number which i found but forgot who`s number it is.eek.

Soma (muscle relaxant) works great most of the time for my spasms.

Tramadol works pretty well for the shooting, stabbing, bone on bone aches/pains.

Hope you are able to try something so you can get a good nites sleep.

03/03/2012 10:54 AM
anitafolkers
anitafolkers  

welcome, i get those pains too. I usually take my muscle relaxer and a pain med to help tollerate it. and heating pad too

03/03/2012 03:39 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

Welcome! And yes, I used to get those, but not so much since my hysterectomy (which also removed my ovaries). Polycystic ovarian disease in my case. Glad THOSE pains are gone at least!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved