MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/21/2012 01:46 PM

Help Please - frustrated - angry and need advice(page 2)

happygranny

cmama don't apol for whats happening to you or for venting and asking the rest of us for advice, thats why we all came here, to do the same exact thing. I can only speak for myself, but boy do I understand. And quite frankly my life is has done a complete 360degree turn. I went from working a job I loved making good money, my daughter is grown and out on her own and had just met her future husband and my hubby...well it was like we were on our second honeymoon. I was in the best shape of my life, both my hubby and I were lightweight bodybuilders. now....well I retired almost 2yrs ago because I couldn't stand on my feet anymore, now claiming bankrupty cause yes i did get approved right away for disability but ins(health)takes about 90percent of it. My daughter did get married and my goal was to make it down the isle without limping and yey I did it, I even danced the first dance with my hubby for first time in yrs and was just so estatic. Now I have a grandson coming any day now and I don't know how I will be able to keep up but I sure am going to try, my hubby and I have lost the honeymoon feel(imagine that) and I def don't bodybuild anymore. I have all i can do to go grocery shopping. But I am learning what I need to do to keep some sort of control on my pain. Its not easy baby but you will get there, listen to music, read a book when you can, talk to your friends on the phone or make a lunch date with them. You can even dust your end tables(thats one on the easiest things to do so I do all the time hehe) and most of all you come on here and you vent, you talk, you ask questions. We are here for each other, I have made a few friends already and I have to tell you I look forward to coming on here as much as i can sometimes to just read and sometimes to talk(which obviously I do well) but just know you are not alone. ok I getting off the soap box now so someone else gets a turn hehe, but remember you can talk in main forum or pm me or anyone if you want. hugs to you happy grannyWink Smile

Post edited by: happygranny, at: 02/21/2012 01:47 PM

02/21/2012 02:18 PM
livewithhope
livewithhope  

Hey, "Mama," You've gotten some great advice here, and I don't think I can add much. I definitely agree about letting some things go, and not worrying about the house as much. We kind of have to change our expectations of ourselves and what we're now able to do.

In spite of the chronic pain and my life changing, it's allowed me to meet other wonderful people who also have fibro. Plus giving an encouraging word to someone else who's hurting actually makes you feel better, too.

I have to say that changing my antidepressant helped my mood so much, which in turn helps me deal with the pain better. I would just continue to work closely with your doctor, and if you don'get relief, ask him if you can make a change or 2. Sometimes it takes a while to find the right combination to help.

I pray blessings over you....Liz

02/21/2012 02:44 PM
chronicmama
chronicmama  

Thanks everyone - today I am doing better - well a bit better! I decided to focus on what I can do. I set up a 15 min yoga exercise program on my wii and did that this morning. I am just going to take everything else as it comes and try not to let it build up. I have a long way to go before I can say I accept this but I can say that I'm not a quitter so I'll keep trying.

Again thanks to everyone for their support and kind words. I sure don't know what I would do without you all!

Blessings

K

02/21/2012 03:50 PM
copgirl125
copgirl125  

I soooooooooo feel for you....I too feel the exact same way. I am depressed though I think. This thing is taking over my life as well and I just cant seem to get it together. When you find the solution please oh please share. But until then gentle hugs for you and hope things improve.

02/21/2012 04:52 PM
girlfriend
girlfriend  
VIP Member

Do we ever stop being angry at this disease for stealing our lives? I seem to go through spells that well, this is what it is it could be worse to my life is wasting away.... prayers to you hon that you find a happy medium in there......

02/21/2012 06:02 PM
powmia

Good step you made. Allow yourself to get angry and vent. Have to so it doesn't bottle up and explode. While I was able to work it was like you said, Weekend, break to pull off another week of work. Afternoons was come home and crash, supper, bed. Last day, I knew I was doing more damage to myself physically and mentally. Now four yrs. later, I have days I get angry. One thing I changed was the priority. House, sorry, if I can't clean I'll pick up what I can and stop. If someone comes over they don't like what they see, hey, clean up for me. They come to visit. You find out, sometimes hard way who really cares and especially did it really matter if the house wasn't just so. I've learned to let go of a lot. Had to!! Grandchildren you will be a part of. I can't carry them but I sure can sit and hold them. Small things in life mean a lot more now. Can't continue on, I'm in a huge flare up and that damn FOG!!! But, you know, there will be another day! There Will Be Another Day, A Good Day, Even For A Laugh or two@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And i don't care if theres mistakes in this writing!! Things will be better just in a different way.

02/22/2012 12:41 PM
chronicmama
chronicmama  

I agree totally POWMIA. It's one day at a time - heck today it's been one minute at a time (weather is killing me!).

02/22/2012 01:04 PM
mem1318

CMama, it is not an easy task. You think you are doing good and the truck will hit you just as you stand. But you know after I figure out what was going on and what I did to get the pain started I shyed away from that stuff. I did my best not to bend the wrong way that affected me. If it meant laundry did not get washed oh well. I have almost learned how to hold my shoulder so that the pain want be so bad. I do have to change position often. But you have to try to control it not it control you. No matter what I do I can not control anything when the weather is bad. I also fell so I know what you mean. But I've been falling now for 2 years. Thought I was doing better on that end but Naw it still here. You just have to take it one day at a time. I don't think I was depressed either but my stress level was way up there. But coming to this thread and enjoying the folks here has kept me going. So when you feel yourself getting down. Join in and just tell it. Someone here will say something even if its wrong. LOL fairyhugs 736fb4bf7a20caf389ea067acde30238

02/22/2012 01:58 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

Cmama,

I really don't have anything to add. Seems like the group has already taken care of you, and given you the best advice around. Just wanted to let you know that I care, and hope that you will be feeling better. Anger is just an emotion like happiness...it comes and goes, and we just have to float with it. Tommorrow is another day. Please believe in what your signature says, too. That always helps. HUGS

02/22/2012 05:03 PM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

some times one minute at a time is what you have to due..What ever gets you through..I know what you mean about one step foward two back..I have had great days then something else will get me down unrelated to fibro,or my meds will ge messed up or well there is always something..

you have something going for you that is so important..determination..you will have bad days good days evil days and days you want to cover your head and pretend its bed time at 6am..we are here for you through out.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved