MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/16/2012 04:21 PM

One Good Day.....

TaylorC
TaylorC  

A couple of days ago I started Cymbalta and I have been waking up everyday with a horrible stomach ache. Finally, it is starting to get better as the days go on. Yesterday, We had a beautiful sunny day and I have never felt better. I had loads of energy! I ran outside, jumped with my kids on the trampoline with no pain all day. I can't remember the last time I had a completely pain free day. I felt like a completely new person. This morning I woke up to a cold and rainy day, and my skin and joints are killing me and I am back to ZERO energy (not helped by only getting about two hours of sleep last night)I am so thankful for the good day I had with my kids yesterday but I find myself pissed off like it was a tease.... I have only been diagnosed for a month and I am struggling to accept that this is my new life. I am 24 with a 5 and 3 year old. I want more than one good day every 6 months! I try to talk to my boyfriend but it does nothing but get me frustrated. He tries so hard to be understand, but it doesn't help. I'm so worried that he is going to wake up one day and realize he is young and full of energy and doesn't want to spend his life being held back by my fatigue,moods, and pain. I want more good days......

02/16/2012 04:43 PM
mem1318

Taylor it happens. Just stay consistent with your meds. Notice what is causing the pain to flare as much. I no you had to enjoy play with your kids. Next time have a chair near. Break for a while drink your fluids. I think that we all have good days. We try to do everything we had to do plus more. Nope ain't happen, I'm just keeping it real. Because your body over rules the mind from the pain you are having. Then we are down for the 4-5 days. I'm guilty and know better. You can do it.

02/16/2012 07:49 PM
girlfriend
girlfriend  
VIP Member

Horray for you that you had a good day!!!!! They are few and far between... I can't keep up with grandkids, I can't be more thankful that I was past raising children when my fibro got bad, prayers to you for strength and guidance. There are some great threads on here that maybe would be of help for your fella to help understand.... Wishing more good days for youSmile

02/16/2012 07:59 PM
copgirl125
copgirl125  

Happy for you and your good day...yippee!!!! I know what you mean, its like you have one good day and you get excited and think ok maybe its getting better. Then bam the next day is ten times worse. My boyfriend is actually eight years younger then me so I for sure dont understand why he wants to stick around with an old person like me who within the last 6 months has aged about 10 years in my body. At least sometimes that is how I feel. Hope you have more wonderful days and keep smiling Smile

02/16/2012 08:31 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

I will say yay for your good day. However, I hate to be the downer here, but overdoing it on good days makes the next days worse. I'm not saying don't take advantage of it, just don't get so excited that you run around like a chipmunk on expresso. The weather doesn't help much either! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

02/16/2012 09:53 PM
Moiaddy
Moiaddy  

@Amy...a chipmunk on espresso...hahahahhaaaa

Taylor....I also am going to say a hearty yea! for your good day....yep enjoy the good day but don't overdo...I'm sorry your feeling icky like the rainy day is icky...

Hugs

02/17/2012 01:48 AM
faieriemama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Taylor honey, you take the good you had with your kids and hold on to it, then you take it out on the bad icky days and look at it and remember that there will be other days like that one. Like RW said I too am guilty and know better, it's just some times we feel good and we just want to do what we used to be able to. Don't stress over those things that haven't happened yet, let the future happen and take care of today. Today you need a warm blanket and some hot cocoa, a nap and time with those kiddoes. Hugs and Love

02/17/2012 05:02 AM
TaylorC
TaylorC  

Thank you all so much! You all made me smile and feel so much better! xoxo

02/17/2012 05:50 AM
mem1318

TaylorC, That's what I'm taking about

faieriemama said it "Don't stress over those things that haven't happened yet, let the future happen and take care of today."

Hope you are having a better day:

imagesCAWG30HX

02/17/2012 05:53 AM
mem1318

Amongst other things

Fibo

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved