MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/01/2009 01:55 PM

I think we should all do this together!!(page 2)

InTheMoment
InTheMoment  

My biggest problem is that I have always been an emotional eater... but I really want to do this! Good luck to us all!!! Smile
--- The discussion has been locked ---

02/01/2009 02:06 PM
bc1028
bc1028  

I am game. I need to look at what I am eating and make changes for myself. My md suggested that I start walking, I am waiting on a day I feel better so that I can start (see, I can find any excuse.) I know that this may be rare, but I have actually been losing weight since I have been feeling so bad. I did not think so until others kept asking me what I am doing and then I started weighing, so far I have lost 20 pounds, My husband is starting to worry since when we first got married I weighed 100 pounds and stayed sick (with colds, etc) I am not anywhere near that now, but he does not want me to lose to much and add colds to my list. Has anyone else had this reaction?

02/01/2009 02:17 PM
Iknowpain
Iknowpain  

Post edited by: Iknowpain, at: 02/15/2009 14:23

02/01/2009 02:28 PM
mellydramatic
mellydramaticPosts: 577

Two weeks...... two weeks...... two weeks......

I need to keep saying this like a mantra. Boy, who knew carbs and sugar were so addictive!! I'm totally serious!!

02/01/2009 02:33 PM
Iknowpain
Iknowpain  

Post edited by: Iknowpain, at: 02/15/2009 14:23

02/01/2009 03:09 PM
Tiredoftired
Tiredoftired  

I'm in! I've already begun to try and drink more water. I even started buying a specific bottled water to do just that. I have a treadmill and I'm going to start using it more till I can get outside and walk more.

02/01/2009 04:24 PM
Casty
0hCasty  
VIP Member

It's a good idea, I wish you all luck.

I already only drink one cup of coffee a day, I quit smoking almost 10 years ago and as my daughter puts it "already drink more water than anyone I know" lol Naps, well I have never been good at that and don't know how to change it. It is already near impossible to fall asleep at night so a nap may just mess that up all together lol I may be wrong tho.

Now the diet, that is another issue, I already have so many dietary restrictions from my many conditions and am sick to death of thinking about what I can eat and not eat.

Gout - Low purine diet. Avoid seafood, game meats, meat extracts such as gravy or broth, organs(not a tough one lol) many vegetables and grains. These are to name just few

Type 2 Diabetes - carbs including breads, rice, pasta, potatoes, sugar, fruit.

Diverticulitis - nuts, seed, tomatoes, popcorn, whole grains

anything that can get trapped in the pockets in the lining of the bowel.

GERD - spicy food, high fat foods, some days water can trigger this

Gall bladder removal - cannot digest fats properly, makes me sick

IBS-D lets face it sometimes air can trigger this so some days nothing is appealing

So another thought about restricting my already restrictive diet is not on the top of my list.

I cheat on these, sometimes I pay, sometimes there is no ill effects but I can't not eat and sometimes that feels like my only option.

Now you all know how pathetic my options are for eating so you hopefully can understand why I'm not jumping in on this one too eagerly.

Good luck to all, my heart is with you.

02/01/2009 04:31 PM
mcbeth
mcbeth  

Ok I'll do it only if someone butt kicks me every week to make sure I'm toeing the line.

Ok I guess I started today. Had a big salad for lunch, with FF Italian. Supper was cashew chicken from the Eat Well Lose Weight cookbook. And while Tom is eating a cookie for dessert, I'm having an apple.Pinch

Post edited by: mcbeth, at: 02/01/2009 16:34

02/01/2009 04:45 PM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

lol Mc Beth... I love the holy cow..my kids would have told you about 8 years ago thats the way i looked every moring to them lol

Casty I also have a limited diet

(I am allergic to Corn products,treenuts and peanuts and all fish)

lol but i should make more changes ... stands up and holds her head up high and says to the other members.... I am a sugar addict... there i have said it LOL

Phew that was tough... But I am in... I need to back off on sugar and some carbs...have to go thru my cupboards and hide the sugar bag and chocolate chips sighs

I only drink decak coffee now as it is and decaf tea so no caffiene jitters to worry about..no soda because of my corn allergy...only eat whole wheat bread..instead of peanut butter i have sunbutter(good stuff) ....need to get more water into me (gags) Water and i are really not friends but starting tommorrow i will try and get at least 3-4 glasses of water(have big waterbottles for workouts)

And its not a issue eating fruits and veggies i like them...even make fruit smooties in teh morning instead of that coffee...it is full of vitiman b's which always makes me feel better after i drink it... even if it is only for a few minutes...

The other thing i find funny and i have been like this all my life I love oranges and apples and peaches and plums but i have leave my fruit out on the table in a bowl to be room tempature because i cant stand cool fruit..unless it is watermelon and i cringe when i eat that from the cold...

i dont know i do alot of strange things all my life lol

thanks for reading this lol... didnt realize it was this long lol

Adewyn

02/01/2009 04:45 PM
Sistrozzie
Sistrozzie  

Casty, it seems like one illness eliminates the foods you can eat from another illness and so on. I can eat anything unfortunately and it shows. I am almost at 200 lbs and a year ago I was at 177. I tried WW online but couldn't figure out the online program. I went to a diabetic clinic and learned a lot but it didn't help me lose weight. I don't have diabetes but I hoped I would lose weight from dropping all of those carbs. I won't start this diet because I already know I would fail. It's the one thing I am a true failure at.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved