MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/05/2012 01:29 PM

Headaches and neck pain!!!!

Kirs10Domenech
Kirs10Domenech  

Over the last week or two I have been suffering with some major headaches and neck pain. It is very painful and my neck hurts so much that I end up laying on a heating pad on that side of my neck. I have head headaches before but they seem to be one right after another these last couple of weeks. I was just wondering if anyone else gets terrible headaches and neck pain. And if so what do you do for them?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Kirsten

02/05/2012 02:56 PM
mem1318

Yes my dear. Seem like for this past month it is everyday. My neck feels like a crick and my head & ears hurts. Dr said sinus. BP has also been up.

02/05/2012 05:15 PM
Rubberman
Rubberman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi KIrsten

Hope your head & neck eases soon

Brother in Pain

Rubberman

02/05/2012 05:20 PM
faieriemama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Oh boy do I ever know what you ladies are going through. I'm sure RW knows of my migraine issue, I suffer from Basilar Migraines, Kirs10Domenech, and sometimes they linger for days. I use a heated rice sock for 15 min and then an ice pack for 15 min. That seems to help, that and for those really nasty buggers that just dig in and camp out I go into a dark room and lay down when using the alternating heat and ice. My pillowcase is spritzed with lavendar and that helps with the nausea. Hope y'all get some relief soon and can get some rest. Hugs and Love.

02/05/2012 05:53 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

Kirs,

Yes, very often get headaches, and neck pain is generally a daily thing. I kept telling hubbie months prior to my fibro dx that I felt like my neck was broke...it hurt all the time. The headaches generally come from the neck area, or from behind my head, but usually the neck is always involved. I take ibuprofen for my headaches, although the drs don't understand why that works for me, but it does so i use it. i also make sure that my neck is supported by a round pillow, and go into a dark room with no noise. Sleeping will sometimes make it pass, other times it hangs around for days. Hope you feel better soon...HUGS

02/05/2012 06:53 PM
mem1318

Neck and headache ain't no joke. Yes faieriemama, I can tell them what you have been going through. Boyiii My Pastor was preaching hard today. Mic worked wonders. I though my head was going to fall off. He preached from Mark 4:9 "And he said unto them, He that hath ears to hear, let them hear. Boyiiii good day for that sermon, my ears heard everything. Plus being right behind him in the choir. Had fun and learned something even if my head was and ears was going bong bong. Could not wait to get home to take something.lol

02/05/2012 07:02 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

I do. I get daily headaches as well as migraines. Headaches can be caused by so many things so it's hard to give you a suggestion unless you give more info. Sounds probably like tension headaches but can't be sure. Or maybe your neck is spasming? Any way, you can try some excedrin(unless other meds won't allow it), heating pad on the feet(usually for migraines), or a cold pack on the forehead(also usually migraines).

Tension headaches you can use OTCs(like excedrin), but overusing OTCs can cause headaches as well. Which is probably where some of mine come from since I use them every day of the month as opposed to the nine day max they recommend. Anyway, anti depressants are prescribed to help as well for long terms. Muscle relaxers are also used. http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/fibromyalgia-discussions/ general-support/3273671-fm-and-cormorbidity-tensiontype- headaches

If you are having more than four headaches a month, you should bring this up to your doc, particularly if they are interferring with daily activities.

Post edited by: hatbox121, at: 02/05/2012 07:04 PM

02/05/2012 07:10 PM
mem1318

By the way I was watching the Doctor show one day and it was said massage the arch of the foot can also relieve headache

02/06/2012 01:36 AM
Bananers

I have these types of headaches as well. Unfortunately, I have been getting them in the middle of the night and have been waking up with them. I do think that they are tension headaches because of the neck/back involvement.

I haven't really found one thing that works absolutely, but here is what I do: steaming hot shower, heating pad wrapped around my head and neck (I probably look ridiculous when I do this), Goodys powder, tramadol. (All in that order) If I get to the point where I have to try the tramadol, the headache is likely not going away. If I'm lucky, hubby will rub my shoulders for me. Smile

02/06/2012 05:32 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

can you tell which is which? is your neck starting your headache or your head ache starting the neck pain?

try the rice sock around your neck.I also use salonpas or the stop pain..

hope you are feeling better

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved