MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/30/2009 04:05 AM

help advice please unrelated

Frenchie
Frenchie  
VIP Member

I really don't know what to do. I need help saving my brother,,,

He lives in Vincent Ohio, and is shut in from severely iced up roads, ( mountain top)and he has to live 24/7 on Oxygen, and I found out he's not had electricity for two days now and that area does not expect any until Sunday or Monday. All lines are down and i need to know...WHO do I call way out there in Ohio in the mountains, a good ways from any town, to get help up his way. He can't go much longer without oxygen. ANY IDEAS ?

01/30/2009 04:17 AM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Wow, Frenchie, what a problem ... I am sorry to hear of this !!!

First of all, what county does your brother live in ?

I would call the authorities (Sheriff, police)there and ask them to do a welfare check on your brother. This can be done anywhere anytime ....just tell them what you have written here and I believe it is mandatory that they check on the person in question.

You can get information and phone #s for his area via information or even here online.

Please let me know what you hear and I ll be praying for your brother ....

01/30/2009 04:17 AM
elseaeff56

The Red Cross is the only one that comes to mind. If they can get messages to servicemen in the Middle East, surely they can get a generator to your brother or a helicopter in there to get him out to a hospital where he can get his oxygen until the power comes back on.

good luck!

Eleaeff

01/30/2009 04:43 AM
shortstuff116
shortstuff116  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Frenchie, You could try the health department or the local fire department, explain what you need. If the health department can't help, then I would call the fire department and they could either tell you what to do or they may go get him and get him to a hospital. I hope this helps. I know we live way out in the rural area of Bossier Parish. The fire department is who to call for an emergencys out here. Hope you can find help for him soon. My prayers are with you and him. HAng in there you will get help to your brother. God BLess You and your brother. shortstuff th Angels002 1

01/30/2009 07:27 AM
Cornbread
Cornbread  

Call the local sheriff and then call his O2 company. My hubby works for one- they will do whatever they can. He should have backup tanks- it would be a bad company to leave a person in the hills without backups. If that's the case, tell him to switch ASAP. But definitely call the local sheriff's dept. and tell them he's up there without O2 and needs transport out for health reasons. If he has phone, he can call them.

01/30/2009 01:02 PM
Iknowpain
Iknowpain  

I can't add anything to what has already been said. I just wanted to say I hope it works out and your brother is ok. Please keep us posted.

01/30/2009 01:23 PM
Frenchie
Frenchie  
VIP Member

Thank you. I took your advice and I will be hearing from someone soon. I just don't know how to thank you enough folks!

01/30/2009 05:57 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

It is now nearly 9 PM here in Ohio, and I m wondering what you have found out, Frenchie !!

It has been bitter cold and very windy here all day and I couldn t help thinking about your brothers' dilemma and how worried you must be .

Anything ?

Marilyn

01/30/2009 06:14 PM
bc1028
bc1028  

Frenchie, I have been wondering how things are too. Please update us when you get a chance.

01/30/2009 06:43 PM
Frenchie
Frenchie  
VIP Member

UPDATE ON BROTHER IN OHIO:

My brother's best friend was able to make his way up the tretcherous

mountain roads, get him help, The county hopes to have electricity back up relativley soon,,they have been cutting frozen trees off of power lines all day.

Thank you my friends for your concern and prayers and I do hope you folks up in northern Ohio are safe. Love to all, Frenchie

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved