MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/30/2012 06:42 AM

your favorite find for 2011

broken
broken  
Group Leader

I should have put this up earilier but I was thinking yesterday what has been your favorite find in 2011 that has helped you deal with fibro be it a bed or a kitchen appliance or cleaning supplies?

I have a few..some might remeber I was working on a fibro pillow still doing it but It was the same time the side sleeper pro cam out(Sad )I love this pillow..and now I forgot my otherUnsure

01/30/2012 06:46 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

Oh good topic. Let's see. I guess I'd have to say I love my heating blanket I got for Christmas. Oh and my mom started using a long handled scrubber for the tub cleanings. I stole the idea from her! Keeps me from bending over so much which kills my back.

01/30/2012 06:48 AM
girlfriend
girlfriend  
VIP Member

tell me more about your pillow.... the best thing to help me cope has actually been this forum... it has made me realize i am not alone and not crazy.... and has given me hope for improvement!

01/30/2012 08:55 AM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

My hubbie bought me a jar of "Blue Emu". It does actually help with localized pain. If the back of my neck and across my shoulders is hurting, I have him rub some of this stuff on me, and it does ease it off. He uses it on his knees (which he has a lot of problems with) and it helps him before he can even get the cap put back on. He bought it at Walmart, but it is made here locally so I don't know if you can get it where you are at. If not, check it out on the web. There were 12 jars on the shelf, he grabbed one, and one lady bought all the rest. He figured there must be something to it if it went that fast. That was my biggest find for 2011. HUGS

01/30/2012 09:19 AM
LilyRose4
LilyRose4  

best finds of 2011...

Kissing two adorable abandoned kittens on my front porch...Pet therapy!!

Wink This amazing lavender scented rice wrap with vintage rose pattern fabric and its HUGE!! http://www.etsy.com/listing/86766012/lavender-france- microwavable-heating-pad I have not got to buy this yet but look at it and imagine how fabulous I will feel with my rice wrap...it is so lovely I could walk the Red Carpet with it LOL.

Smile Arnica Gel for bruising and sore muscles.

xoxo LR

01/30/2012 04:42 PM
Megawrite
Megawrite  

My mom got me some soap that has orchid and something other kind of extract in it (from Olay) that has really helped. I take a shower every night just to get all soaped up cause it makes my bones ache less. It smells great too...and now everything I get has to smell like it, haha, my purfume and lotion too! Smile

01/31/2012 01:12 AM
Bananers

I agree with girlfriend...my best find of 2011 was this group!

01/31/2012 05:40 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

my other one was "stop pain" Im still a salon pas girl but I use the stop pain alot now

01/31/2012 07:38 AM
ouchee
ouchee  

I like of the prior stuff which I use but I also have to admit that my homemade rice and bean packs that I plop in the mircowave really help where the heating pad just doesn't reach or doesn't conform (like the crook in my neck or over the shoulder area). Smile

01/31/2012 07:32 PM
faieriemama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I have to agree with ouchee my favorite fine has to be my rice sock. I can make them at home so they're free(my favorite word) and they conform to whatever spot hurts. Them and all of my new friends I made on here, who I wouldn't have made through it a lot of rough spots without.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved