MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/26/2012 12:49 PM

I am a hot mess...SHINGLES too!!!!?????

LilyRose4
LilyRose4  

Oh my Gross...I am just a walking contaminated diseased disaster these past few months!!! and now that I am thinking about it you guys are all on to something with the darned FLU SHOT!!! I am 99% sure I have SHINGLES on my chest!!

I have a background in Medical Microbiology so I am self diagnosing, I was just at the doctors with that traumatizing NP and don't want to go back (3 hour drive round-trip and $50)!!

So the horendous itching subsides when I put on an application of tea tree oil and extra virgin unrefined coconut oil which are natural anti-virals.

Good news is my 2 month fight bronchitis is almost all better and my sprained ankle is feeling a lot better not hobbling as much!

Weird bruising on top of bruising pain is still bad at night. I don't even want to touch it to put cream or anything it just sears with pain.

Oh so back to the flu shot...I think my body has been reacting to putting a denatured virus and mercury into my body, this is the first time I have had one in the three years that I have had fibro, I normally just take Elderberry Syrup...NEVER AGAIN FLU SHOTS ARE THE MARK OF THE BEAST!!! lol J/K LOVE YOU GUYS xoxo LilyRose

01/26/2012 02:45 PM
anitafolkers
anitafolkers  

omg I'm so sorry...Sad shingles is very painful, i had shingles back in mid sept started with this pain, shirts hurt really bad, after a few weeks of this horrible pain, i started to the blisters, my shingles didnt go away till fist part of december. Major stress can cause this. I truly hope you get some relief. mine was on the side. glad to here your bronchitis is bettetr and your ankel. Take care

01/26/2012 03:01 PM
mem1318

I have never wen through the shingles thing but have had a few family member that has. They were miserable. Back went I think you had to be put in hospital under isolation. Hope you get to feeling a little better and find away to get comfortable.

Post edited by: Realityworld, at: 01/26/2012 03:03 PM

01/26/2012 03:46 PM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

oh you poor thing!shingles are painful..you are not a walking diesease maybe God decided to give it to you all at once so you dont have to go through months of it,lol.. bless your heart Prayers.. keep up the good spirit

01/26/2012 06:59 PM
ushie

Oh, how awful! I hope you get over it soon, and the bronchitis, and the ankle, and the brusing...wait, I'm surprised you can get around at all! ( Smile )

01/26/2012 08:00 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

I'm sorry about the shingles. I will say that if you are concerned about mercury(thermisol) in flu vaccines, you can ask for a thermisol free flu shot. They do make them. You should also avoid(or severely limit) your intake of shellfish and other fish as nearly all fish/shellfish contain mercury. Also be aware that mercury can be in other forms of meat if the animal was around methylmercury(bacterial changed mercury after the mercury is released into the air/ground by erosion, etc). If it is shingles, contact the FDA to report possible relationship between the two.

I hope it isn't shingles though and you get to feeling better soon.

01/26/2012 10:57 PM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

oh god Lily I think you are coming u with things so you dont have to workout.. girl its not that bad!!! LOL... Just teasing you .. feel bettter babe... that sucks!

01/27/2012 05:47 PM
LilyRose4
LilyRose4  

Yeah and now they broke out on my back!! So no yoga or Pilates, but @ Adewyn, I did do "the kitty dance" and the kittens got excited cuz that means I get out the "special string" and I spun around in a circle on my one good foot so the kitties could chase the string. That counts as exercise??!!! yeah I hope this does not get worse like some horrid photos I have seen online cuz it already hurts and itches.

Thanks for the info Hatbox I did not know you could as for mercury free flu shot, I think my immune system is going haywire. The tea tree oil helps the itching and I already have pain killers, I am taking elderberry and will get some OTC acyclovir if it gets worse, but now I am paranoid because I am having pain and itching under my arm on my torso.

01/27/2012 06:16 PM
mem1318

Don't know if you read this or not,

Home Remedies for Shingles

Keep the affected area clean, dry, and exposed to air (without clothes covering it) as much as possible. Don't scratch or burst the blisters. If the pain keeps you from sleeping, try snugly binding the area with an elastic sports bandage.

For the first three or four days, try ice for 10 minutes on, five minutes off, every few hours. Later, apply cool, wet compresses soaked in aluminum acetate, available over the counter in the form of astringent solution, powder packets, or effervescent tablets.

To desensitize nerve endings, crush two aspirin, mix them with 2 tablespoons rubbing alcohol, and apply the paste to the blisters three times a day.

To cut down on itching, ask your pharmacist to mix 78% calamine lotion with 20% rubbing alcohol, 1% phenol, and 1% menthol. You can apply this mixture continuously until your blisters scab over.

Other remedies for itching include frequent applications of vitamin E oil or gel from the aloe vera plant. Dusting colloidal oatmeal powder -- available over the counter -- where clothes rub against your skin or taking a warm (not hot) bath with colloidal oatmeal may reduce pain.

I remember hearing a dr saying years ago that it was shingles was just an name for chicket p. for adults. Don't know if that is the case or not. Hope you get to feeling better.

01/27/2012 06:28 PM
LilyRose4
LilyRose4  

Thanks RealityWorld these are some interesting ones I have not seen yet. And yep if you had Chicken pox as a child the virus(herpes zoster) stays in your body and can reappear as Shingles as an adult, usually brought on by stress and a weakened immune system...hello that's me!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved