MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/11/2012 03:11 PM

Prayers needed, rough new year

SufferingSilently
SufferingSilently  

I normally do not share too much personal info on here but just need to get it out. If everybody could keep me and my family in prayer. Hubby got a blister on his big toe, and has type 2 diabetes, so the blister turned into an infection and his foot got all swollen. I took him into ER on Thursday and they admitted him. They cut open the wound and drained it and the next five days he was on antibiotics for the infection. He finally came home yesterday but still has to be on antibiotics and is still hurting. They sent him home with in home care. He is going to be off for the next two weeks, so we're gonna file for disability, but I'm sure that takes a while to get a check. This happened at the worst time, we were finally at a point where we were caught up financially, then WHAM. A couple days before this, I find out that my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. This hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm so worried about my mom. I'm trying so hard to be strong for my hubby and keep my stress from him so he can focus on getting better. The stress is causing me to flair but I'm just trying to hold on. Please just pray, feel like I'm falling apart...I keep crying, just all of a sudden. I'm sorry for this long post, thanks for your prayers.

Claire

01/11/2012 03:42 PM
anitafolkers
anitafolkers  

I'm so sorry about your spouse and realy sorry about your mom......try and stay strong, the emotional roller coaster you're goin through is normal with Fibro, it is hard to be not stressed in situations expecially in your case.....Try and keep your head up....prayers go out to you and your family.

01/11/2012 03:46 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

I'm sorry about all this going on right now. Jan is just a bad month I think. Praying.

01/11/2012 03:47 PM
FibroinNGA

Claire, Please know we will be praying for your whole family.

Love & Hugs

01/11/2012 03:50 PM
turtlegirl
turtlegirl  

o

Post edited by: turtlegirl, at: 10/07/2013 05:24 PM

01/11/2012 03:53 PM
njenkinspa
njenkinspa  

Sorry to hear about your mom and husband I will send out healing thoughts to you and your family.

01/12/2012 12:27 AM
faieriemama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

th you are in my thoughts and prayers  1

01/12/2012 12:39 AM
nicepeach2
nicepeach2  

I guess there was a reason I couldn't sleep - in reading your request for prayer - years ago, another time when I couldn't sleep because I was in such dire distress - I called out for prayer and there was such overwhelming response that I felt an answer right then and there. My prayer for you is that God will give you peace and that you will feel His comfort that only He can give. It's the first time I have written in an open forum here, but felt led to answer your request. God bless you and your family. It is very difficult to watch loved ones suffer and not be able to do anything about it. I am 78 and have had a lot to deal with so I can empathize with what you are going through. Blessings. Mary

01/12/2012 09:36 AM
Chocovan

I m sorry that you have to go threw these stressful times but know that we are with you and hope that all will be better soon. I m sending you prayers Be strong just know that you can count on this group to give you all the support you need. I ve only been with them for a short while and i ve had fibro for over 7 years and i ve learnt more with this group in a matter of months with what i knew for 7 years, they are supportive, loving and caring so you came toi the right place, Good luck and God bless you and your family.

01/12/2012 09:56 AM
faerie
faerie  

Claire, please know that there is such power in prayer!

My thoughts are with you and your family. Hang in there sweetie and know that we are all here for you.

Gentle hugs

Faerie

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved