MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/08/2012 04:52 PM

Saw this article & the *Richard Simmons*came out

Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

ok before you start telling me you cant....first i would like to say you can(eventually) you will if you want too.. and the turtle does win the race... so with that said here is an article i found interesting...and hopefully the stff i add to it is in bold when i am done lol

14 Tips for Starting and Sticking with a Workout Routine

For some of us out there, if we could just convince ourselves that there is enough time in the day to exercise, we could be on track to a great fitness program. For others, we get started but quickly lose momentum and give up. To help get started and stay on track, here are a few tips:

1.Throw away the bathing suit you wore in high school… and the memory too. It's normal to have a mental image of yourself when you last exercised like a fiend. But if that image is from high school, you could be in big trouble. Even if it's from last year, forget it. Remember as little as possible of what you used to look like. Starting today, make new memories. *PLEASE DO THIS WE CANT GO BACK TO WHAT WE LOOKED LIKE AT 18 But WE CAN LOOK GOOD*

2.Prepare. We already know you don't have the time, so write it down like an appointment every day. You wouldn't cancel an appointment, why would you cancel on yourself? Aren't you important too? * WE ARE IMPORTANT OUR HEALTH IS IMPORTANT MAKE TIME..FIND THE OUNCE OF ENERGY*

3.Start slowly. Do much less than what you're capable of. Take a 20-minute walk if you're returning to exercise. You might feel like it's not enough, but it's a good start. *A LITTLE OF ANYTHING GOES ALONG WAY AND ITS A BEGINNING ..CONSISTENT...SLOW...ANYTHING..WALK.STRETCH..A LOAD OF DISHES.. A SHOWER EVERYDAY...BED MADE.. EVERYTHING COUNTS!!*

4.Get the family involved. Run while your daughter rides her bike. Go to a local track and let the kids play their own games. Run with your spouse. Sign up for a local 10K. Walk with your son. Celebrate with a little something special after every activity. *PLEASE DO THINGS WITH THE FAMILY THEY WILL REMEMBER THE LITTLE THINGS LIKE BEING SILLY IN A STORE SMELLING SCRATCH AND SNIFFS OR PLAYING A XBOX GAME EVEN THOUGH YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING..LAUGHING PLAYING AND EVEN A LITTLE DANCING TO SHOW THEM THEY MATTER TOO GOES ALONG WAY*

5.Where are your friends? Four words, four reasons – motivation, inspiration, determination, conversation. Surround yourself with friends who think positive and live large. *WELL YOU HAVE ONE FRIEND RIGHT HERE!!! CANT BE ANYMORE POSITIVE THEN ME LOL! WE INSPIRE MOTIVATE CONVERSE WHY NOT BE DETERINED TOO!!i WILL CHEER YOU THE WHOLE WAY! YOU CAN COUNT ON THAT!*

6.Put the pain in perspective. When the going gets tough, remember that you have survived 600 carpools, 540 loads of laundry (this month), 41 baseball games, 230 dinners and one family vacation. What's the big deal? *SEE YOU CAN DO IT Smile A LITTLE EVERYDAY! ADDS UP!! *

7.Allow yourself to slow down. You're driving this bus! For the first time today, you are in control. *YOU KNOW YOUR LIMITS...AND YOU KNOW WHEN YOU CAN PUSH A LITTLE MORE AND IF YOU CANT THAT DAY.. THERE IS ALWAYS TOMORROW Smile *

8.Sign up for a race. It's a goal to strive for and adds a little meaning to your everyday workout. *OK...THIS I WILL LET YOU PASS ON FOR NOW! BUT ARE YOU WIGGLING? DANCING? GIGGLING? THEN YOU HAVE A PASS IF NOT SIGN UP FOR THE RACE OR START DOING THE ABOVED MENTIONED LOL*

9.Run/walk in public. Be proud of your accomplishment. Take in all the sites and be an inspiration to others. *BE PROUD OF EVERYTHING YOU ACCOMPLISH EVEN IF ITIS ONLY GETT 3 THINGS DONE ON YOUR TO DO LIST! OR THE LAUNDRY THAT HAS BEEN PILING UP! OR TAKING A SHOWER FOR 3 DAYS IN A ROW AND GETTING DRESSED FOR THE DAY! OR MAKING YOUR BED! IT ALL IS SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF!*

10.Just show up. Go to the gym, class, or the park. Once you're there, it's hard to say no. 98% of life is showing up. *JUST BE PRESENT IN YOUR LIFE BE AS ACTIVE AS YOU CAN WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS..ITS YOUR LIFE DONT LET IT PASS YOU BY! ONLY YOU WILL REGRET IT!*

11.Eat. Follow a healthy eating pattern. If you limit your calorie intake, you will not have enough energy to work out and your metabolism will slow down.* ALWAYS MAKE HEALTHIER CHOICES WEATHER IT IS GIVING UP SODA OR CHIPS ORNOT ORDERING OUT AS MUCH...IT ALL WORKS OUT IN THE END Smile*(HEY I COULD HAVE SAID GIVE UP CHOCOLATE OR CAFFIENE (tHAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN lol)*

12.Understand your energy cycle. There are peaks during our days. Even during the week. Try to complete your workout when you feel good about yourself. *WHEN YOU HAVE THE ENERGY USE IT..NOT ALLOF IT BUT USE SOME OF IT ON THINGS IN YOUR LIFE THAT MATTERS THE MORE YOU DO THE MORE ENERGY DOWN THE ROAD YOU HAVE GAINED... IT IS VERY TIRESOME IN THE BEGINNING BUT IT IS WORTH IT AT THE OTHER END Smile AGAIN BE APART OF YUR LIFE! *

13.Wallow in your greatness. You can exercise to become a better exerciser, or you can exercise to become a better mother, a better father, doctor, teacher, or a better friend – or you can exercise to become BETTER. Be proud of that accomplishment.*WALLOWING IN GREATNESS IS SO MUCH BETTER THEN WALLOWING IN CRAP SmileYOU CAN DO IT *TAKES THE POMPOMS OUT* SIS OOM BAH! RAH RAH RAH! *

14.Have fun. Where's your childlike spirit? When you can make workouts "playouts," you've got it made.*REMEMBER SWINGING ON THE SWINGS? BLOWING BUBBLES AND LAUGHING! TAP INTO THAT CHILD LIKE SIDE AND YOU WONT REGRET IT! FIND THE NEW YOU! IT IS A NEW YEAR WITH GREAT THINGS TO COME WILL YOU JOIN ME IN GREATNESS ONE LITTLE STEP AT A TIME?*HOLDS MY HAND OUT*

Don't give up on yourself. After all, it's never too late to be that healthy person you might have been.

01/08/2012 06:08 PM
ushie

Super-inspirational!

01/09/2012 06:29 PM
faieriemama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Adewyn I love you!! You motivate me to move like no one else, I will be out and about as soon as I get the docs ok. As it is I have, cleaned my whole bathroom (day 1), taken down all my Christmas decorations(day 2), and organized my recycling bins(day 3). This is a truly inspirational post and yes I will join you one step at a time. Hugs and Love.

01/09/2012 06:46 PM
mem1318

Adewyn love it. Don't know about running along side while child is riding bike. Hell I wil trip them up. Can not stay in a stright line. We both will be on the ground. Don't you mess with my diet coke. I will have a withdrawl. HE HE!!! I hear ya girl friend.

To cold to walk the river walk so I walk the neighorhood ( last time it took me 3 hr could not get back to car) So now I know don't go to far. lol. I Found out how many dogs is in the area. NOT LOCKED UP. I think they know my voice now because I talk to them. Never show fear or run, I will knock them across their face if need be. They look at me and bark. I cuss them out and they go on about their business. Crazy me

01/09/2012 10:39 PM
Moiaddy
Moiaddy  

I liked this.....the whole post is a reminder to live...not just survive or just exist but to live...

Thank you....

Huge hug.....

01/09/2012 11:16 PM
shadowlife

I'm with you Moiaddy, live the best life you can. Adewyn, you are an inspiration to us all.

01/10/2012 01:57 AM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

Hugs all of you... Smile Just Be a part of life everyday and always Smile hugs and love.. Smile

01/10/2012 05:37 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

this would be good to print out and hang where we will see it everyday..thanks again Adweyn love you

01/10/2012 05:43 AM
mem1318

Move it Move it!!!!

01/10/2012 09:30 PM
Moiaddy
Moiaddy  

Adewyn....

Even after I read your post and responded to it, it took me a few days to understand the title you posted this with..I thought after I read what your posting was..."what does this have to do with Richard Simmons coming out"?...like out of the gay closet...."this doesn't even mention Richard Simmons".

But then I read it some more and pondered and read it some more and read other responses and then I understood that it was bringing out the motivational "Richard Simmons" inside you....hahahhahah W00t once I figured that out...I laughed for quite awhile...

Gotta love my fibro brain....hhahhhaha Blink

Post edited by: Moiaddy, at: 01/10/2012 09:32 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved